HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum

Finally got my paperwork from the good 'ole ATF authorizing me to SBR my little BW89. I've since bought four different stocks, and have finally decided that the adjustable LOP stock from Hogue is the best for me. As soon as I get 30 posts in, I will be listing the remaining stocks, including collapsible F stock and Fleming Firearms Stock adapter that I have machined down to have no unsightly gap between the stock and the receiver.

On to the meat of the conversation. I feel that I obviously haven't spent enough money on this thing, so, in the spirit of capitalism, I need some advice with regards to adding Tritium to the the little beast.

What is the general thought on the matter? Am I wasting my time? Should I just go the red dot way? Please provide a few opinions. Depending on cost, I will try a few and report back.....

Thanks y'all for your time.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,508 Posts
The Trijicon front sight is very good and I prefer it over the standard black sight, as even in the day time it provides a color contrast that is simple to acquire.
The XS Big dot is similar, but like the name says, it is bigger. Some people don't like it because at distance the larger front sight takes up more of the target, but you're not going to have trouble picking up the sight in a hurry or in low light.
Both can be found on HKparts.net

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marine0303, thanks for the fast reply. Since the barrel is only 5.5" ( it's a PDW that I had Gerard Miller thread and refinish), would it really matter at longer distances? I don't ever hope to use it at anything than greater than CQB ranges. What do you think?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, after some research, I found that Meprolight also makes Tritium sights for the mp series. How do they compare to the Trijicon and the XS sights.....?

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,508 Posts
Also, after some research, I found that Meprolight also makes Tritium sights for the mp series. How do they compare to the Trijicon and the XS sights.....?
I prefer the Trijicon over Meprolight, but they are very similar. You'd be happy with either.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,508 Posts
Marine0303, thanks for the fast reply. Since the barrel is only 5.5" ( it's a PDW that I had Gerard Miller thread and refinish), would it really matter at longer distances? I don't ever hope to use it at anything than greater than CQB ranges. What do you think?
With a K, you're not going to be hitting anything beyond about 50 yards anyway. If you planned to shoot at that distance, I'd go with the Trijicon. If your shooting will be a the local 25 meter range, either will work, but you might prefer the larger sight of the XS.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to be a CQB instructor well before the days of vertical grips, picatinney rails and red dot sights. Call me old fashioned, but I really want to set the K up for CQB. As much as I love the original K fore grip, I have opted to change it out for the SP89 fore grip since I learned and taught holding the forehand against the magwell.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,508 Posts
I used to be a CQB instructor well before the days of vertical grips, picatinney rails and red dot sights. Call me old fashioned, but I really want to set the K up for CQB. As much as I love the original K fore grip, I have opted to change it out for the SP89 fore grip since I learned and taught holding the forehand against the magwell.
When I learned the MP5 and CQB in the Marine Corps we also were taught to grip the Magwell.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I just looked up Hogue website and could not find a HK stock to fit any 9 series can you please post pictures and info. I am always looking for another alternative since I am 6'6" and need a long LOP.

Thanks
CG

Hello Forum

Finally got my paperwork from the good 'ole ATF authorizing me to SBR my little BW89. I've since bought four different stocks, and have finally decided that the adjustable LOP stock from Hogue is the best for me. As soon as I get 30 posts in, I will be listing the remaining stocks, including collapsible F stock and Fleming Firearms Stock adapter that I have machined down to have no unsightly gap between the stock and the receiver.

On to the meat of the conversation. I feel that I obviously haven't spent enough money on this thing, so, in the spirit of capitalism, I need some advice with regards to adding Tritium to the the little beast.

What is the general thought on the matter? Am I wasting my time? Should I just go the red dot way? Please provide a few opinions. Depending on cost, I will try a few and report back.....

Thanks y'all for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Guncologist,

I have photos in this thread (see post 12):

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/141398-mp5-front-sight-removal-2.html

I really like the big dot on the K model. It is perfect for a PDW style weapon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just looked up Hogue website and could not find a HK stock to fit any 9 series can you please post pictures and info. I am always looking for another alternative since I am 6'6" and need a long LOP.

Thanks
CG
I got my K Stock at Hkparts.net

Here is the address: HK MP5K | Stock - HKPARTS.NET

They also have the same stock with a different stock cap for the MP5

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have a MP5F collapsible stock married to a Fleming firearms MP5K stock adapter that I will be selling once I reach the magic number of 30 posts. I machined the adapter down so that now there is no gap between the F stock cap, and the receiver. I tried it on the K, but found I preferred the Hogue stock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my K Stock at Hkparts.net

Here is the address: HK MP5K | Stock - HKPARTS.NET

They also have the same stock with a different stock cap for the MP5

I am a COMPLETE RETARD. I MUST BE LOOSING MY MIND. I meant to say CHOATE, and not Hogue in all my posts!!!!!

I don't know what I was thinking, and must have come across like a damn moron. I apologize for my incompetence.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts