HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello HK Forum Members:

I was looking to buy mine HK from cheaper than dirt they had a nice price on the HK P30LS but recently the price has gone up something like $70 bucks or so. Why is that? Also why are there 10rd and 15rd versions of what appears like the same handgun? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob this will be my first gun purchase. I want to start with the 9mm then get an .45. My logic is 9mm is cheap ammo and if I'm going to shoot this on a consistent basis I need those cost savings. Also I noticed a lot of people referencing date codes and German vs. US build is this something I need to pay attention to? I mean same manufacturer right or does one side being German or US build the same guns differently?

This is the gun I'm interested in...

Manufacturer: H&K M730901L-A5
Item: 2-HKM730901L-A5
UPC: 642230245822

2-HKM730901L-A5 - HK Longslide P30 Semi-automatic Pistol, SA-DA, Full-Size 9MM, 4.45" Barrel, Polymer Frame, 15 Round Capacity, 2 Magazines, Fired Case, Decocker, Fixed Sights

Thanks for your answers,

·
Registered
13 Posts
To answer a few of your questions...

There are 15 and 10 round magazines because some states (i.e california among others) do not allow magazines that have a capacity over 10 rounds. All P30 guns are made in Germany so that is really a non-factor. I believe Date-Code is also a non-factor because there is not "a bad year/s" Also that gun for sure comes with 15-round mags because the serial number starts with M. By the serial number I would also guess a "BB" or 2011 date code but I cannot say for sure. I hope this is info accurate and if not i'm sure some one will be along soon to correct me.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Try also CDNN and Bachman Pawn & Gun

Both are well known for often having the best pricing.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
I would check with Mike (Cross Creek Guns) first and see if he can order you one. But if you're in a hurry, TGS has better prices than many other online stores. CTD raised their prices recently. I saw 14 HK45's listed for $944 and the next day they went up to $1,009.

The gun that you are looking at on CTD is a P30LS 9mm V3. TGS doesn't have that gun in their inventory, but they do have the P30LS 9mm in V1 LEM.

All of HK guns are made in Germany, with the exception of the HK45 and HK45c. Some of the HK45's and HK45c's were made in Germany, but they are hard to find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TooSixy: Thank you.
LEM = Law Enforcement Modification. I see everyone talking about this trigger mod or people talking about it being better. I'm not exactly sure the difference as I only fired one HK45 and very limited amount of guns in my life. This gun is for home protection and target practice. Before people chime in on the caliber I will be buying a 45 later. That aside DA/SA sounded ok to me. Yet i see so many people frown on this? I don't exactly understand the big deal. I'm being very cautious about this firearm as to prevent accidental discharge. I'm going to handle it with care however I don't want any accidents and I want to error on the side of caution. That's why I thought the V3 trigger was the one for me. Please advise.

Another difference of the LEM is you do not have to chamber a round just pulling the trigger will do that? Am i correct?

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
TooSixy: Thank you.
LEM = Law Enforcement Modification. I see everyone talking about this trigger mod or people talking about it being better. I'm not exactly sure the difference as I only fired one HK45 and very limited amount of guns in my life. This gun is for home protection and target practice. Before people chime in on the caliber I will be buying a 45 later. That aside DA/SA sounded ok to me. Yet i see so many people frown on this? I don't exactly understand the big deal. I'm being very cautious about this firearm as to prevent accidental discharge. I'm going to handle it with care however I don't want any accidents and I want to error on the side of caution. That's why I thought the V3 trigger was the one for me. Please advise.

Another difference of the LEM is you do not have to chamber a round just pulling the trigger will do that? Am i correct?
You can still have LEM and safety. That's what the P30LS V1 LEM is. Some people will want to have the safety lever + LEM. Some don't.

LEM will give you a constant trigger pull at 7.5 lbs (or 4.5 lbs for Light LEM). Every single shot is the same as the first shot.
You still have to chamber a round to pull a trigger on any guns if you want it to go bang. Otherwise, you'll be pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. When you chamber a round on a DA/SA (without decocking the hammer), you're setting it up for the SA trigger pull, which is the same weight as the Light LEM.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What they said... Cross Creek Guns! Did my first FFL transfer through him and never knew how smooth and easy it is. Plus it saved me some $

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
He goes by member name "lahilljack" here on HKPro. I just bought a pair of P2000SK pistols from him--he's a great guy to deal with!
That was tongue and cheek, I have known Mike for close to twenty years, bought no less than 30 firearms from him. Great guy! Glad to see those SK's went to a good home, you almost didn't get both of them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have had really good experiences with Tombstone Tactical. I didn't buy a firearm but got a couple of mags for my USP. Really fast shipping and best price I've found for a 13 rounder shipped new.

·
Registered
135 Posts
+1 on CDNN. It's sort of an odd site and can be hard to find what you want if it's not in a logical place in their 8 bizzilion page flyer, but if it's there, the price will be very hard to beat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts