HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sort of new to this forum (registered awhile ago and got busy haven't had a lot of time to post or interact) but I have a question and figured the great members of this forum could help. I am looking to but 6-8 usp compact mags (9mm) and was wondering what is the best place to buy these. I would like to buy new authentic mags (not promags ect) as this going to be my ccw gun and trust hk quality over others. Is hkparts.net a reliable source to get factory parts? Does anyone have other suggestions as to an online source for these? Thanks in advance for any help that you are able to provide !

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hkparts.net is a great resource for parts and accessories. I have also found midwayusa to have some great deals on HK mags occasionally. Best bet is just surf the web and eventually u should find a low price u can live with. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks !! I will check those sources out tonight. Appreciate the assistance I can't wait to start carrying this fine piece of engineering -- never warmed up to the glock 26 I carried for a short stint (great gun just not for me)......found that mid-size is as small as I feel comfortable packing so its time to load up on mags and get a good holsters. If you guys have holster recommendations I would appreciate those as well.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Hands down CDNN when you factor in pricing and shipping. I bought 15 USP9c mags from them recently and was very pleased.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Mike at Cross Creek is pretty good on pricing if he happens to have them in stock. He was dirt cheap compared to some others when I was trying to find my HK45 full size mags, and that was with Ohio state tax and shipping.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys feel cheaper than dirt is as repuetable of a company as midway is? -- the mags are listed about $6 cheaper than on midway so if the companies are the same quality that is who I will go with

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will be looking at cdnn and cross creek too -- sorry my iPad didn't want to update until after I replied .........still interested on feeling of cheaperthandirt vs midway too ........thank again guys

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Do you guys feel cheaper than dirt is as repuetable of a company as midway is? -- the mags are listed about $6 cheaper than on midway so if the companies are the same quality that is who I will go with
I bought so many firearms and accessories from CTD. Shipping is always prompt. They're good to go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again to everyone -- any thoughts on a comp tac Mtac vs galco king tuk I am torn on these two holsters

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have an MTAC but not the Galco. Guess what? I love the MTAC. Because that's how the Internet works.

LOL

The King Tuk is just one of many "crossbreed-style" hybrid holsters.

The MTAC is a totally different animal. I have a Crossbreed for my LCP, and it's OK, But the MTAC is a much more "complete" design IMHO.
I prefer the Comp-Tac clips to the metal clips - I put Comp-Tac clips on my Crossbreed.

I prefer the MTAC's adjustability, ability to swap kydex half-shells if you want to use the holster for a different gun, the shells are heavier and more durable than most hybrid holsters (haven't compared directly to the Galco), the shells have retention adjustment screws, the leather is nicely finished inside and out.

I think the MTAC is the king of IWB holsters... but I'm biased. But I've bought a lot of holsters so far, and the MTAC is the best by far IMHO for what it does.

My P2000SK in my MTAC (which was originally purchased for my USP45c). Did a tiny bit of remolding to accommodate the ambi slide release on the P2KSK, now the holster works equally well for both guns.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the mtac after reading noncentsical remarks about the holster --thanks for your input. The galco being out of stock also helped make the decision a little easier. I really liked the fact that I could change the shells to fit other firearms because I have a glock 21 SF (hk45 was desired but other expenses came up so that one got put on hold and is next on the list) and will probably carry it when I feel the need for a larger round than 9mm.

The hk bug has bite and is now in my blood -- all future handguns will be from this company from here on out

·
Registered
596 Posts
Swapping the shells isn't something you'd want to do daily... but occasionally it's no big deal.
I think you'll like the MTAC. It's a boss of an IWB holster.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking of only switching shells if I go camping for a period out in the woods or something of that nature. I will probably just buy a dedicated one for the 21sf because they are priced under $90 which is a fair price to me if it ends up being top quality like I have heard they are. I am planning on getting a gunbelt from simply rugged. I think with the mtac, a good belt and the flat mag base plates I should have a pretty legit carry system with this uspc. Now I think it's time to start saving for my next hk (hk45 or hk45c still having an internal debate). Thanks again for the help with the mag sources and holster recommendation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts