HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am in the market for an H&K. I am looking to buy a USP 9 or .40 compact.

Anyone know of places with great prices on new and used?

AG

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Either here or on gunbroker. If you want a really good deal you will have to be patient until one comes up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
CDNN investments has police trade in full sized USP .40's for $459, and full sized USP 45's for $539. I know that you wanted a USPc but you might call them to see if they have any compacts that are not listed in the spring catalog. That's what I did last year and I scored one with night sights that was in very good to excellent condition.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
For new check Buds Police Supply (with your military or public safety ID -- active, reserve, retired).

For used ya gotta look around and jump on stuff when it appears. Sometimes places like CDNN get bulk buys. Shotgun News will help.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live in GA, and we have a forum down here called "The Outdoor Trader", and HK's are much cheaper than here on HKpro. The boys here in Atlanta love Glocks, and HK's can be had cheap at times. I know of a P2000sk in 9mm, V2 and he was asking $625, and still has it. I can only buy so many. Ha Ha I hope it helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was one of the first things I did, but they are all sold out of the compacts and they dont know when they will be getting more.

I'll just keep looking until I find a good deal. I'm not in a rush (well, maybe a little :) )

AG

CDNN investments has police trade in full sized USP .40's for $459, and full sized USP 45's for $539. I know that you wanted a USPc but you might call them to see if they have any compacts that are not listed in the spring catalog. That's what I did last year and I scored one with night sights that was in very good to excellent condition.

·
Registered
865 Posts
They're out there you just can't give up or purchase the first thing comes along aka impulsive buy however, sometimes you can comes accross a helleva deal right off the get go!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another quick question,

What are the pro's/con's of a USP Compact vs a P2000/P2000sk?

I am looking for something compact for CCW.

AG

·
Registered
253 Posts
My LGS has a 9mm P2000 LEM V2 with night sights that he took in on trade. Person told him it had never been fired. After inspection I can say that I believe him. It seriously looked new in box. He told me I could have it for $650.

I originally wanted a 9mm, but got a good deal on my .40. If I hadn't already bought so many .40 magazines, I would probably have traded mine in on it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Another quick question,

AG
Never owned an SK. I have considered getting one a few times but always talk myself out of it. The P2000 carries so well, I really don't see the need. Previous to the P2000, I carried a USPc. They are basicly the same size. The P2000 feels a little more comfortable in the hand (to me) and carries a little better (to me). It's comfortable against me without an undershirt also.

The only complaint I had with the USPc was the god awful huge slide lock. I threatened to put a grinder to mine on several occasions. If I thought I could have taken about 3/4 of it off without completely destroying it, I would have. It probably seemed worse to me because I really don't use a slide lock.

Any will serve you well. My preference is obviously the P2000. I think it's also contoured a little more for carry than the USPc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another quick question,

AG
That depends on how you feel shooting small guns. I personally hated any gun that i couldn't get my pinky finger on, just didn't feel right. My SK is a .40, holds 9 rounds in the standard mag, shoots great for a sub-compact, handles well for me, and it disappears anywhere on my belt line. I did dremel off the finger grip on my floorplates though, made my fingers scrunch up so it had to go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another quick question,

AG
I have both, a .40 S&W USPc and a 9mm P2000. The P2000 with flat magazine base plates is my CCW. I feel that basically they are the same gun internally; pretty close in height and width externally, but P2000 feels better in my hand. The grip texture is smoother on the P2K, and you can customize the grip with the interchangeable backstraps. Go to a gun store that has them both, pick them up, compare them side by side, and you’ll be able to tell which one feels better in your hand.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The P2000 is a product improved USP Compact. They use the same magazines. Improved, but not enough for HK to discontinue the USPC line. Consider these two to be fraternal twins, not identical. Both make good service pistols. I prefer the P2000 frame/grip but not enough to sell my USPC to get one.

The P2000SK is an even more compact design. Mine carries and conceals a bit better than my USPC but, again (!) not that much better. The LEM trigger on the P2000SK has a much longer reset than the USPc. LEM is my only reason to own HK pistols. DA/SA is much harder to master.

Look for a good, used USP Compact and convert it to Light LEM.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
253 Posts
LEM is my only reason to own HK pistols.

-- Chuck
That's what brought me to HKs. Had mainly shot Sigs for years. One day I had the opportunity to shoot a DAK Sig and loved it. Over the next few months I converted my 226, 228, 229, and 220 from DA/SA to DAK. I was completely content. Then I started reading some posts on Sigforum from some recognizeable members here, talking about the LEM trigger. I did a lot of reading about them between here and Sigforum.

I couldn't find one to try out. So I ran an add on a local gun forum in the classifieds wanting to trade a Sig for one. I ended up with a USPc .357 LEM with an extra .40 barrel. Tried it, loved the trigger. I then ended up trading that even locally for my P2000 LEM. I think the USPc looks a little tougher, and the P2000 a little more refined. I find them both to be good looking guns.

Coincedentally I have not shot a Sig in a long time.

I find the P2000 to be the perfect carry weapon. Size, weight, capacity, comfort, all great. The only changes I have made to mine are converting the V2 LEM to V1, which I just did, and add the HK45c mag release, and toss all my finger extension floorplates and replace with flush fit. If I were going to use the extended floorplates I would just buy a P30.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts