HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to build a HK53 clone and was wondering what my best option on a receiver was. Looking for a decent receiver that I can put a scope mount on. My current Hk53 pistol clone was built on a special weapons receiver and I cannot get a mount on it. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Your best option is still the SW 93 receiver. Get the 93 over the 53 or 53K cut receivers as you want to be able to put your own cocking slot in it where ever YOU want it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The builder is more important than the receiver that you start with IMO. An SW93 receiver can be squared up to a scope mount if your builder knows what they are doing.

Another good option for a HK 223 receiver is an MKE flat or MKE Vector rolled receiver. The MKE's are nice, but the builder is still the deciding factor again.

Have you given any thought to just sending your existing 53 clone off to a competent builder to have it squared up?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just bought a SW 93 receiver from a member here, and it will accept a claw mount, but I have to put it on backwards. The optics lugs/tabs/whatever were stamped in backwards. Don't know why. It's okay with a Stanag or ARMS mount, but I don't think the mount with the integral 30mm rings would work very well. Now I know who makes the receiver flats for RTG(these have the exact same issue). It's an excellent receiver otherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts