HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The galco miami classic holster that I have tends to shift around a lot when I wear it, and since I generally carry the uspf with 12 rounds of 45ACP the butt of the gun shifts down to a point that it doesnt conceal well. I have tried adjusting everyhing on the holster, but the weight of the grip is just to much for the design of the holster to balance. Cost not being an issue, can you think of a holster maker that makes something that would work for me? Since I know this isnt going to be cheap, I would like the best so I buy once and cry once. I would like something with wider shoulder straps to help with comfort as well.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have two custom made shoulder rigs that seem to work real well. I have one I carry my USPf Tach in that was made locally. I forget what it cost .

I also just got my urban suffarri rig from www.andrewsleathers.com I ordered this rig in Feburary of o6 and received it today. Aug. 27,07. If you go and look at thier shoulder rigs you will find they have a very high quality of workmensahip!! I think the lower strap across the back makes all the difference in the world. I am very happy with it and it is almost a whole cow. I have a size 68 tall chest. lol TJ

P.S. The reason it took so long was he had to custom builders leave him and is having a hard time replacing them yet. but they are great to deal with!! TJ Tell them James Hendrickson sent you. Maybe that will help grease the wheels for you or if you wear a normal size your cost wont be so bad. Yes it will cost a little look to spend around $275.00 TJ You may want to look at www.fist-inc.com They make a good looking one that might work just fine for you. Look at number 70 and the way it draws it might just work perfect for you. Tell them what you are looking for. They will build it to your spects. TJ

·
Registered
472 Posts
Shoulder rigs:

Mitch Rosen builds some of the best rigs going--shoulder or otherwise. Cost is a little high, but the quality is commensurate with the price. take a look at www.mitchrosen.com.

You get what you pay for;

ARKAY

·
Registered
802 Posts
Cost no object, Del Fatti. He makes the official holster for the Cult.

J

·
0 Posts
Bulman makes beautiful shoulder holsters and is well respected. I like the fact that you can order your jacket size, so it's not a one-size-fits-all type holster. Good for especially big or especially small guys. Average turnaround is 5 months.

http://www.bulmangunleather.com/hsh3.html

Holsters.org is an English holster maker, known for his exceptional boning. Plus, the English are famous for their leatherwork in general. Average turnaround is 2 months.

http://www.holsters.org/shoulder-holster.htm

Little Feather Leather. Haven't heard much about them, but the pic of their shoulder holster is quite attractive.

http://www.littlefeatherleather.com/Holster.htm

The only problem I see with them is that they line their holsters in suede, which I've read is not good for the finish of your firearm in the long run. I assume you could request no lining or leather lining instead.

Del Fatti and Lou Alessi also make spectacular holsters, but turnaround time is a year or more.

Galco is towards the bottom of the barrel in terms of leather.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread...i've found it very helpful...I must admit the products from horsehoe are very outstanding in both design and workmanship.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cost no object, Del Fatti. He makes the official holster for the Cult.
Ya but he is just now starting to ship orders from the end of 2005, thats just too long of a back order for me...6 or 8 months I can deal with...20...no way

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im a lefty no one stocks crap for me lol. I do like the idea of the monarch shoulder holster, with the lower back strap to keep the holster from swinging from andrews custom leather so far. I wonder how their quality is?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Im a lefty no one stocks crap for me lol. I do like the idea of the monarch shoulder holster, with the lower back strap to keep the holster from swinging from andrews custom leather so far. I wonder how their quality is?

As good if not better than anything I have seen here!! The thing I see that none of the competer's have is is the lack of the lower back strap. The mitch Rosen is just too expensive for what you get. and the delfatti is just a copy of what Sonney crocket use to wear. lol TJ

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered the andrews holster with the 3 point system so I dont need tie downs...I hate tie downs. They were a pleasure to speak with on the phone and were very helpful. The weight is around 5 months. I also spoke to Mitch Rosen and I am having him make me one of his lined premier OWB holsters, I generally like sparks for IWB/OWB but they dont quite have the design I want, Rosen is over twice the price of sparks, but less than half the wait time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JL..was there a reason why you didn't get Rosen's shoulder holster, which doesn't require tie-downs as well? TIA..
I just didnt trust the design. The three point system makes perfect sense and I have used a similar system in the past but it was more of a tac rig than a conceal carry solution, nonetheless it was very similar and proved itself to me. Rosen's shoulder rig just doesnt look like it would keep from shifting especially if bending down or getting up and down from a seated position during the day. I understand the idea behind it, which is a close tight fit, but I wasnt willing to spend $400.00 on a leap of faith for a design that just doesnt sit right with me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haugen Handgun Leather... don't personally own one, but have talked to him. Great guy, high quality stuff and his waiting list (as of a couple months ago) is only about 6 months. Could at least give it a look! He's got a couple different shoulder holster "models."

There are a few others around this forum that have his stuff... can do a search to find more, too.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I know you made the right choice JL! The folks at Andrews are very good at what they do. Sorry for the long wait I have mine and I really look forward to cooler weather and wearing my urban suffari rig.

They also make a bunch of great looking Cowboy rigs. TJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts