HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple MP5 SBRs - an A3 version and MP5K-PDW.

I have bought a few slings for them, but I can't find one that will secure the SBRs muzzle down when I let go and let it hang. They all end up swinging parallel to the ground, which I don't like at all. I think it's just a function of the short barreled configuration, but I was wondering if anyone has found one that works well.

I may just go with a single-point sling to remedy this, but I hate single point slings.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I have a couple MP5 SBRs - an A3 version and MP5K-PDW.

I have bought a few slings for them, but I can't find one that will secure the SBRs muzzle down when I let go and let it hang. They all end up swinging parallel to the ground, which I don't like at all. I think it's just a function of the short barreled configuration, but I was wondering if anyone has found one that works well.

I may just go with a single-point sling to remedy this, but I hate single point slings.
The standard, cheap green HK sling works great for me....give it a shot.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,213 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
4,795 Posts
Single point slings do suck on a rifle but especially on your PDW will work well. The vickers sling above is a great sling, as are Savvy Sniper (my personal favorite).

·
Registered
605 Posts
The issue I am having is the smaller slot on the A2 stock not working well with 1 1/4" slings. Being sling inept does not help the matter either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Single point slings do suck on a rifle but especially on your PDW will work well. The vickers sling above is a great sling, as are Savvy Sniper (my personal favorite).
Another vote for Savvy Sniper! I have several of their slings.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again, I don’t like single point slings, as they flop around too much when you transition.

I found this HK style 3-point to try out.

When it’s slung, the runner cinches up to the rear sling clip.

This basically makes the 3-point sling into a single point sling.

The sling clip on the magwell is required to use in order for it to act like a true 3-point sling.

While my CA94 came with the sling clip, my Zenith Z5P doesn’t have this clip.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The sling clip on the magwell is required to use in order for it to act like a true 3-point sling.
The sling clip on the mag well is to hold the rifle across the chest hands free. You might also make it do other things, but the Germans put it there for parades and guard duty.

I have personally that found with the fixed stock, it's easier to get the factory German sling to behave like its illustrated in the manual than with the collapsible stock. The extra length between the attaching points makes a difference.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The sling clip on the mag well is to hold the rifle across the chest hands free. You might also make it do other things, but the Germans put it there for parades and guard duty.

I have personally that found with the fixed stock, it's easier to get the factory German sling to behave like its illustrated in the manual than with the collapsible stock. The extra length between the attaching points makes a difference.
I had just come to this fact on my own after messing with the sling on the A3 stock. I think you hit the nail on the head.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts