HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering which can you guys suggest for my USP .45 Tact. Ive heard that the AAC TiRant is good and also the Blackside from AWC, I am open to any suggestions

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey I was wondering which can you guys suggest for my USP .45 Tact. Ive heard that the AAC TiRant is good and also the Blackside from AWC, I am open to any suggestions
The blackside is not a good can and is made by Gemtech not AWC. AWC's 45 can is called the nexus.

As already mentioned the TiRant and the osprey are going to be the best now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ya the Tirant 45 is hearing safe dry at about 130dbs. I think around 140dbs is loud enough to start causing hearing loss if exposed to it enough. I'm not sure the exact number but I know the Tirant falls below it. Another nice thing about the Tirant 45 is AAC makes piston adapters that you can use on other handguns and also a fixed barrel spacer that you can swap out the spring inside and use it on any 45 caliber threaded rifles. I have a USP Tactical and a USC/UMP converted with threaded SBR barrel the same as my tactical. I have a Tirant 45 at my class 3 dealer...just waiting on the ATF. My class 3 dealer is also a gun range so I can go shoot it anytime I want, which I did this past Sunday. :62:

·
Registered
340 Posts
What isn't good about it? I have heard one and it sounded great to me.
This has been discussed in the past but here is what I don't like about it.
The blackside was made initially without a booster and was marketed as not needing one. Some seem to function fine on pistols while others do not. Gemtech eventually made a booster so you could send in your can and have it installed. Funny I thought it didn't need a booster?

The anodizing on my can is a blue color rather than black. The threads are garbage and seem too loose or out of spec so the can wobbles and wont stay tight. Finally last but not least its not all that quiet. I have 6 different .45 cans and the blackside is the only one that I regret purchasing. Even if someone gave me a blackside for free I would not take it because I don't think it is worth the cost of the tax stamp. This is JMO and I know others really like the blackside but I am not one of them especially considering what else is out there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the thorough reply. I didn't know that the Blackside didn't originally have a booster - the one I have heard was purchased in November 2011 and has the LID device. I've only heard it once, but to my ears it sounded about on par with the Knight's MK23 suppressor. Both shot wet, of course. I never noticed a wobble, but I'll check next time I see the suppressor.

·
Registered
457 Posts
USPHOG,
I have the Ti Rant 45 on the HK45. It is definitely safe to shoot without haering pro when shot dry. Add 5cc of water(2 liter cap) and the Ti Rant is amazingly quiet. Easy to take apart and adaptable to be shot on .40's and 9's. I have 1500 rounds of 45 through the can and zero failures. You wont be diasppointed :62:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey everyone, have the same question as the OP, and this is the newest thread I could find on the subject, and wanted to see if there's been any new input in the last year or so as to what is the best suppressor for a USP tac. 45. I have recently began the steps to purchase some NFA things and the first on my list is a suppressor for the USP. I am leaning towards the AAC Tirant as that seems to be the favorite in this thread, does everyone still love this suppressor?

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I just bought but haven't taken possession of a SWR Octane 45 HD. Also bought it in 9mm. Based on everything I've been reading, this is THE can to get now if you want a durable, versatile, quiet, and user serviceable suppressor. SWR is now part of SilencerCo, so great product support too. Definitely check it out.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I just bought but haven't taken possession of a SWR Octane 45 HD. Also bought it in 9mm. Based on everything I've been reading, this is THE can to get now if you want a durable, versatile, quiet, and user serviceable suppressor. SWR is now part of SilencerCo, so great product support too. Definitely check it out.
What he said. If I didn't have the Tirant already I would go for it. I've got the Warlock 2 and the Octane in 9mm in NFA jail. The sealed baffle design makes cleaning much easier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts