HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so the best thing ever happened to me today. I went to the range today to do some target shooting with my bolt gun (making sure she was ready for my hunting trip) and while I was firing my last round I hear a sudden string of full-auto fire. Well of course I jumped up rather quickly and walked over to the next range and what did I find? A swat team member with his MP5N with telescopic stock and surefire grip. After I picked my jaw up off of the ground I went over and talk to him about HK's, HKpro.com, and some other normal gun range banter. Well I was about to go back to my rifle he said, "Hey, you wanna take her for a test spin?", and I was like does a fat kid love cake? Heck yes!!! Well this was my first time to even hold a non-clone MP5, much less fire one (this was also my first time firing full-auto)!!! He went over a couple of basic instrucions with me and I was off to the races. I dont think I really need to state this but the MP5 is one amazing work of art. I have been wanting to get one for awhile, but not until now do I truly know what I have been missing. As soon as I get my wife out of grad school...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This is a compliment to all NFA people.
A good friend of mine and I were at an indoor range around here with an MP5 and a Colt Thompson.We were having fun and some younger kids (20s) came in gawking over the Thompson.One of the Kids knew a bit about what it was not just a gangster gun.My friend talked to him a bit about it and let them all hold it.The one that knew a little was then treated to a short introduction to MGs and the features of the TSMG.He was then rewarded with a full L drum of action and begged to pay for the ammo.He was denied the payment but was asked to share this experience with everyone and remember it forever.That was satisfaction enough for my friend.Hes like that with his Ferraris,but will give you no respect when you ask "how much".Hes a true collector (of cars too) and just likes to share his hobby with others with same interests that can really appreciate what they are for what they are,not just a monetary value.
How long do you think that guy will remember shooting a rare Colt Thompson SMG? How many remember shooting their first MG like Sniper?I remember mine as well!

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a compliment to all NFA people.
+1

I also offered to pay for the ammo, and he was like no way. When I get my MP5 I will most definately pass on the favor many times over!!! I am already like that now with all my guns. I try to take as many of my non-shooting friends as possible to the range. The more good firearm exposure the populace can get, the better off gun owners will be in the long run. And to be totally honest, except for my bolt gun (as I have just started getting into long range marksmanship), I am allready to the point were I get more enjoyment out of letting my friends shoot than I do myself.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Wow thats awesome! I've never fired full auto either, it must be quite an experience. Congrats!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts