HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like everyone else who has converted a USC to UMP, I wasn’t too happy with the barrel situation. I had seen some of Marvin Pitts’ work on some of the AR-15 forums, and I thought I would try to get the two together. I don't have the right kind of scale to measure it, but the new barrel feels about 10% lighter than the original. I was pretty impressed when it came back. What do you think?

I also picked up a Larue case for a different rifle, but it fit the UMP conversion so nicely…

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
That looks Awesome! Can you post Marvin's info. I had his info at one time and lost it.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I really like the new barrel, looks like it should run pretty cool, and lighten things up a lot. Nice bag and set up on your UMP, you found a sweet combo it appears! Let us know how it performs when you can!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does it perform?
The performance is excellent. The accuracy is just silly; at least as good as the original barrel. One thing I didn't mention before is that this barrel started off as one that I bought used from another forum member. It looked pretty beat up, but I didn't care because it was going to get worked on and I got a great deal for it. That way I could keep my original barrel in stock condition. I was at an event last weekend (Outbreak Omega), and for one stage I ran four mags through the gun in under a minute. The barrel got pretty hot right after that, but cooled to acceptable levels within a few minutes. I'm guessing that Marvin's work helped with that, but it was not exactly a scientific test.

I bought the USC in February and started the conversion in March. By May I had it fully converted with caliber kits for 9mm, .40sw and .45acp - although I'm still working on the 922r for the .40sw setup. Once that's done and I can test it, I'll do another post about the conversion work and the caliber conversions.

Marvin's email is [email protected].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts