HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether Jayson at IGF will be set up to bend and weld the ORF g3 flats the way he is doing the mp5 flats?

I am trying to decide what would be better....getting a new JLD PTR91 receiver and cutting it up to make an hk21....or getting a g3 flat from ORG and having Jayson make the bend, and THEN making the necessary hk21 cuts/mods?

Would there be any difference? I'm wondering if there would be any advantage to being able to make cuts, etc before the receiver is bent up???? I know you have to basically cut off the mag well, but that's about all I know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good question... I think he has mentioned that he will helpout with the MP5 builds...

but maybe there are some legalities to it...

LO

·
Registered
266 Posts
if your going to dump $5000 into a parts kit.. do it the right way.
and spend the few more bucks (a grand) and use a good recvr. off a
springfield armory sar 3/8 or a ptr91.. SELL OFF THE PARTS ya dont use amd make a few bucks back.. that way. ya know it should be in spec to start with.

(have a like new springfiels sar3/8 for sale $1100)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why wouldn't a NIW JLD PTR91 receiver be in spec? Are the ones for sale from ORF the defective castoffs?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would purchase one of Mike's MM11's that already has the PTR receiver and the 21E style shroud together in a working rifle.

Then buy an FMP 21 feed box, mech, 1200 rear sight, ejector, and bolt carrier assembly from Mike as well since he purchased ORF's 21 parts several months ago.

I would finish it off with a 21E buttstock, recoil assembly, carry handle, and reinforcement rails from one of the known parts dealers off this board like Adam, or Gordon.

Then use a smith of choice to cut off the G3 magwell and weld on the 21 feed box and rails, refinish the weapon and send it back to you ready to roll.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about barrels? Does anyone make aftermarket barrels? Urbach? I plan on making a shooter 21 and would like to have several spares.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mike from Michael's Machines has barrels and pretty much any part you will need. If you are looking for something he doesn't have, ask Adam Weber or Gordon Miller. I have bought from all three of them and have always been happy.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Its cheaper to just buy one built.Why waste teh time to source parts and then reciever and then pay to have it built and wait 6 months or more?You can buy one under $7K thats done and runs like a champ.Probably cheaper in the long run as well.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like many others do not have 7K readily available to drop on a 21 so we have to purchase the parts as the budget permits.

I waited till I found deals on the parts I needed. I found a clone 11 under 3K for starters. Bought my 21 carrier and some misc parts from ORF when they were offering a 10% discount prior to selling the lot to Mike. Found a feed box under $200, Bolt under $150, etc... Slowly it is coming together and hope to have one running under 6K.

Cole Distributing is also a good source for HK21 barrels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts