HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much says it all. I'm guessing the best method would be to get a regular USP and get an aftermarket barrel for it? What about the o-ring thing? I have a gemtech 45 blackside in 0.578-28 and I found out after I bought it that it doesn't function well with my glock 21, so I was thinking about getting a USP tactical, until I learned about the different thread pitches. Anyone have any ideas? Are there any reliable thread adapters in existence? I can't imagine any being solid enough to not throw off the bore-concentric level of the suppressor, but maybe there is, I'm not really sure. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and another thing, if I get a USP 45 full size, I'm pretty much resigned to those stupid 10 round mags since H&K doesn't like putting too many of the 12 rounders out on the civilian market? There's no way to convert the 10 rounders to 12 easily, I assume?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Title pretty much says it all. I'm guessing the best method would be to get a regular USP and get an aftermarket barrel for it? What about the o-ring thing? I have a gemtech 45 blackside in 0.578-28 and I found out after I bought it that it doesn't function well with my glock 21, so I was thinking about getting a USP tactical, until I learned about the different thread pitches. Anyone have any ideas? Are there any reliable thread adapters in existence? I can't imagine any being solid enough to not throw off the bore-concentric level of the suppressor, but maybe there is, I'm not really sure. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and another thing, if I get a USP 45 full size, I'm pretty much resigned to those stupid 10 round mags since H&K doesn't like putting too many of the 12 rounders out on the civilian market? There's no way to convert the 10 rounders to 12 easily, I assume?
There are tons of 12 round mags around, you can find them just about anywhere. As far as your suppressor of choice, might want to do a search on here, there is a relatively high failure to cycle rate in the USP with them since they dont have a booster. Lots of people have no problems, lots of people have problems, some people initially have problems then after a few hundred rounds are ok. Just do yourself a favor and do a search and read about it before you go putting all the money into it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are tons of 12 round mags around, you can find them just about anywhere. As far as your suppressor of choice, might want to do a search on here, there is a relatively high failure to cycle rate in the USP with them since they dont have a booster. Lots of people have no problems, lots of people have problems, some people initially have problems then after a few hundred rounds are ok. Just do yourself a favor and do a search and read about it before you go putting all the money into it.
Will do. I'm not rich, so I have plenty of time to research before I'd have the money to do anything. My friend has a USP in 45, and though I don't see him often, maybe I could buy a barrel threaded correctly for it to see how it functions.

Aren't the 12 rounders supposed to be like 55-60 bucks though?

Thanks for the good advice. :680:

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,808 Posts
The 12 rounders are quite plentiful, albeit pricey. TROS USA makes thread adapters, but I'm not sure about your situation. The USP Tactical barrel in .45 is a metric left hand pitch and the thread you want is a standard right hand pitch. Seems you would be forever loosening one while tightening another. Might be best to have Jarvis cut you one exactly to your needs.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The 12 round mags are around $10.00 more than 10 rounders. You can find some great deals on the 10 round mags, but be prepared for the high price of any HK mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts