HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I sent both my P30 and my USPC to him earlier this year (march-april) for trigger and accuracy work. Very happy with the results.

eta: more info.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have heard nothing but positive things about him. :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
He's worked on my HK45c as well as my Sig P220 and has done a very good job for me. $ for $ he's hard to beat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bill did his trigger job and reduced reset package on my P2000 a couple of weeks ago. It is smooth as butter! I now have the trigger that I always wanted. I shipped it to him on a Monday and had it back that Saturday. I would not hesitate to send him another.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Bill did his trigger job and reduced reset package on my P2000 a couple of weeks ago. It is smooth as butter! I now have the trigger that I always wanted. I shipped it to him on a Monday and had it back that Saturday. I would not hesitate to send him another.
If you don't mind my asking, what did that cost you round trip with shipping?

Edit: I just found his price sheet. Prices are pretty cheap compared to a lot of others. Has anyone had work to an LEM done? What was the difference?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Trying to get in touch with him but he has not responded to private mail, email, or phone call...been 5-6 days since I started trying to contact him. Weird, huh?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My HK45 got there last Friday. Got him to do everything he has on his price sheet. Can't wait to get it back. This is the vacation season so he might be out. Bet you get an E-mail this week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trying to get in touch with him but he has not responded to private mail, email, or phone call...been 5-6 days since I started trying to contact him. Weird, huh?
I've Had the same experience, except for the last 2 weeks. I sent my usp anyway. Got There last Thursday. Call it a leap of faith. Hence my original post.

All I can say is this, gun people are good people. Bill ='s gun people.

HD

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live 75 miles away so would prob drive and drop it off after he gets in touch. Too bad I'm leaving the country for a month on Tue....guess I'll try when I get back in January.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I talked to Bill for 30 minutes on the phone Friday after Thanksgiving. He didn't have to spend that much time with me and we could have talked even longer. Very pleasant guy, seemed very intelligent and was quite articulate. He's working on a P2KSK of mine, addressing the LEM hammer hanging up on it during trigger pull (he said he's seen it before, thankfully) and he's installing a trigger return spring (I killed mine during install). I've also requested a decreased reset and to "smooth out anything noticeabley rough" with the action. For CCW, we came to this agreement that no additional work would be necessary and he'd refund the difference in my check, which he has yet to cash. I'll report back to our forum after I put a few hundred rounds through it.

Hawkdiesel, BlueMountain: I too have tried to contact him this week sending 2 e-mails, (one thanking him for his phone time and the other curious of the status of mine) and he has yet to respond to them. The week before Thanksgiving he was right on top of our correspondences, but he told me last week that he was expecting a lot of shipments coming that Saturday. I'll offer an apology upfront - he could be still messing w/ my debacle. I sure hope he's ok, but he's probably busy as hell. :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Be careful how you ship to him. He has a bad habit of encouraging people to ship using USPS which you cannot do without the help of an/your FFL.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Be careful how you ship to him. He has a bad habit of encouraging people to ship using USPS which you cannot do without the help of an/your FFL.
True but it depends on what type of work he's doing for you, if it's a trigger job olny the "Lower" in needed, if it's just sight installation then only the sights & slide is needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My HK45 got there last Friday. Got him to do everything he has on his price sheet. Can't wait to get it back. This is the vacation season so he might be out. Bet you get an E-mail this week.
True but it depends on what type of work he's doing for you, if it's a trigger job olny the "Lower" in needed, if it's just sight installation then only the sights & slide is needed.
Agreed, however I shipped the entire gun via ups. He Suggested I tell them my package contained machine parts. With the cash and gun I insured for 800. I should have just told them there was a gun in there and would have saved me time and money.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I am another fella in line.

Shipped my M8 slide for his magic and sight install.

This is after trading emails and one telephone conversation. Very pleasant gentleman, and I am confident that I'll get my gear back soon.

Considering the reputation his work has, and the price I am paying I'll anticipate a positive outcome.

ks

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Dude,

The serialized frame is considered a firearm. It has to be shipped exactly the same way as if you were shipping the whole firearm.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts