HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
They are available and for sale. Bought a couple at the SAR show. Leaves a lot to be desired I suppose, as they are just adapters for their uzi mags to work in the G3 kit. Doesn't have a proper mag release, just that arm that hangs down and latches into the standard uzi mag catch slot. I really wish they had just made proper mags for it, instead of doing this. Or at least make a proper adapter with a proper catch for one of their other mags. Haven't tested them out yet, hope to in the next few weeks. If they work out and feed good, I might buy several of the adapters, epoxy in the mag permanently.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I emailed them and have not heard back yet... I understood they would work with their mags... It's just not an option to find german mags and i like a 22...

Thanks for posting, I'd love to hear a range report when you can. I'd still buy one to give me another way to enjoy 22 with he 51 I want to build...

J

·
Registered
30 Posts
heck, why stop there, get the HK G3 22 kit, cut down the 22 barrel for your 51(cut it about an inch long so you can push it back out easy), cut the bolt carrier down to your 51 carrier length (little spring adjusting required), buy the bazooka bros am180 drum adapter (for a HK factory 22 mag) and a am180 165rd drum. there are others who already have.

·
Registered
342 Posts
yglad to hear that someome remembers my advice on leaving the cutdown .22 barrel to an inch or so longer than the 308 barrel. my barrel is just inside the 308 flash hider so that it is not damaged under normal handling and usage yet allows you a slightly higher velocity with the extra length. i also recommend the drum adapter hands down over the 25 rnd mag.most people don't realize that you don't have to have the drum fully loaded to use it . the 165 end drum has 3 layers of cartridges in it , the 220 has 4, and the 275 rnd drum has 5 layers of cartridges. for the hk there is 2 1/2 turns of preload on the winder regardless of drum size then 1 turn for each layer of cartridges. there are 55 cartridges in each layer. if you only want to load 55 rnds all you need is 2 1/2 turns and one more turn for the one layer. 110 rnds ; a total of 4 1/2 turns and so on. so you can still use the drums even if you onbly have a handful os cartridges to use. in fact if you only have 1/2 or 1 1/2 etc .layers of cartridgesdrop you turn down by 1/2 turn and you are still ready to go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
They are available and for sale. Bought a couple at the SAR show. Leaves a lot to be desired I suppose, as they are just adapters for their uzi mags to work in the G3 kit. Doesn't have a proper mag release, just that arm that hangs down and latches into the standard uzi mag catch slot. I really wish they had just made proper mags for it, instead of doing this. Or at least make a proper adapter with a proper catch for one of their other mags. Haven't tested them out yet, hope to in the next few weeks. If they work out and feed good, I might buy several of the adapters, epoxy in the mag permanently.

I have one and could never get it to feed reliably....it is on my to do list for the spring.

·
Registered
342 Posts
all of the hk drum adapters are personally tested by me in my own . 99t % of feed issues are do to the tower not being charged properly.the drum must be held at a 45 degree angle with the tower properly attached to the loaded drum and the feed chute closest to the body looking down the chute as it is charged. the loading chute and tower is at the lower end of the 45 degree angle as the rnds are slowly but steadly released up the the chute . this will prevent rim lock and keep all of the noses up as they feed out of the drum. next is using cci minimag solids as in instructions.lastly use the correct winds on the winder. put some magic marker on the top of the feed lips and slowly let the bolt slide across and make sure the the bottom of the bolt is not contacting the top of the feed lips. if it is , slowly remove some material from the bottom of the mag catch on the tower

1 - 10 of 10 Posts