HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI - I came across this holster by accident just browsing the web, but $125 plus shipping later, it's mine. I am guessing the WRS is Wegner Retention System, I couldn't find the exact meaning. It is very similar to the Safariland SLS rigs we are so familiar with, but are limited in weapon/light combos they can use - especially when it comes to HK. This site features a pull down menu to choose your weapon, rail adapter brand/style, then light attachment. In my case it was USP 45F, GG&G Slimline, and TLR-2.

Ordering was fast and easy, with a shop time of three weeks. They emailed me when manufacture was complete, about 10 days later, shipment by 2 day FED EX had it in my hand in around two weeks time taking the holidays/weekends into account. I have worn it for two days now and can rightly say I'm impressed with what they've developed. It's lighter than their competitor's product, which I've used extensively, and seems just as strong in terms of taking impact and abuse.

The really neat difference it Blade-Tech's hood is spring loaded, activating the thumb snap is more traditional with a push toward your body (rather than the combo down/forward press on the SLS), the hood snaps open allowing a rapid draw. I have yet to tighten the twin retainer screws, but will probably snug things up just a bit because it could use a bit more tension (for safety reasons) when the hood is released. It's worth a look in my opinion...

http://www.blade-tech.com/Holsters-w-Tactical-Light-c-280.html

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow. I carry my USP 40 w Surefire rail/ X300 in a Safariland 6280-1930.... when I set up a nylon belt I may take a serious look at this holster. Is the weapon "locked-in" upon reholstering? Or is the hood the security alone?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. I carry my USP 40 w Surefire rail/ X300 in a Safariland 6280-1930.... when I set up a nylon belt I may take a serious look at this holster. Is the weapon "locked-in" upon reholstering? Or is the hood the security alone?
If you snug down the screws around the light it will give it more grab, from the factory it's pretty loose, if you hung upside down you'd better have a lanyard. There is no unlock maneuver to speak of, just a straight up pull when the hood is released, much like the SLS.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Glad to hear you like it. They are the only makers of Holsters for the tactical with a surefire on it. I've been trying to get reviews of blade tech for the past few days before ordering. I was looking a t a plain paddel holster seeing as I'm not planning on using it for duty carry. But the retention system looks very cool. i may go with this system.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have one of these for my USP 45 with GGG + TLR-2. Its a very solid holster. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suede lining???
No suede, just a slick kydex lining, smoother than the outside. This finish is their "stealth" black, it's smooth black versus the pebble finish they also offer like Safariland's rugged STX 2000 kydex.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I was looking for a holster for my USP45c with a GG&G TLR-2, someone had posted a picture of the blade-tech holster. I was sold on it until lo and behold I find they do not make one for my set up. This was a mystery to me but so be it. I finally had Don hume make me one and I just received it last week.

·
Registered
851 Posts
230, thanks for the link and review. I've been looking into getting a holster that would allow for a tact light setup on my USPc. This looks very promising.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like most of blade-techs stuff. the inside kydex doesnt wear the gun finish, which is nice. The suede lining in my Safariland wears the finish on my duty gun.

I have one of those holsters for my usp/utl for drop leg. My only complaint with the Blade-Tech release design is that it desperately needs a protection hood over the release. They keep saying they are working on it, but that thing has been out for months and I have yet to see anything. Im getting ready to get a piece of scrap titanium from a shop I used to work at and do it myself.

-KP

·
Registered
84 Posts
230, thanks for the link and review. I've been looking into getting a holster that would allow for a tact light setup on my USPc. This looks very promising.
I checked the blade-tech site again, thought maybe I missed something. It looks to me like the only holster they make for a compact with a light is one that has a UTL. If I am missing the one for a compact with a GG&G and TLR -2 let me know. I would still like to get one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked the blade-tech site again, thought maybe I missed something. It looks to me like the only holster they make for a compact with a light is one that has a UTL. If I am missing the one for a compact with a GG&G and TLR -2 let me know. I would still like to get one.
Go to the link, check the top of the list, it's before all the other weapons listed and before you get to the rest of the HKs. It says Compact, GG&G slim line, with TLR1/2.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Will it make a difrence if you have a GG&G rail or a surfire rail? The set up I was lookin gat on there web site is only offered with a surfire rail and not a GG&G rail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like most of blade-techs stuff. the inside kydex doesnt wear the gun finish, which is nice. The suede lining in my Safariland wears the finish on my duty gun.

I have one of those holsters for my usp/utl for drop leg. My only complaint with the Blade-Tech release design is that it desperately needs a protection hood over the release. They keep saying they are working on it, but that thing has been out for months and I have yet to see anything. Im getting ready to get a piece of scrap titanium from a shop I used to work at and do it myself.

-KP
Can you tell me the part numbers for the drop leg set-up please? Im trying to get the holster for my USP45 with UTL and convert it for duty holster use. I dont care if I have to use the TMMS set up on duty loop as long as I can continue to use my light!! I need to get this holster set-up to get rid of my SLS holster!! Help please!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts