HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using the Blazer aluminum cased S-Loads in an HK USC or USC/UMP conversion? I'm waiting on my rifle from HDPS and want to stock up on ammo that is known to work. Currently this is the best deal for 45ACP ammo I've been able to find.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Has anyone tried using the Blazer aluminum cased S-Loads in an HK USC or USC/UMP conversion? I'm waiting on my rifle from HDPS and want to stock up on ammo that is known to work. Currently this is the best deal for 45ACP ammo I've been able to find.

Thanks!
I have used the Al. Blazer, without problem. Do not know what an S-Load is though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have no direct experience with the aluminum cased ammunition, but can attest that the USC (and UMP conversions using cut-down SBR USC barrels with feed ramp) will feed empty cases if you really want to try it.

My UMP conversion gets a steady diet of 200gr Semi-wadcutter bullets with a sharp outside shoulder to cut clean holes in paper, and I've never had a feed failure out of many thousands of rounds.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Back when the ammo came out, it didn't extract well out of 9mm gun with fluted chambers.

To put it as simple as possible, They would crack and get stuck. Gun snobs made a big fuss over cheap ammo acting like, cheap ammo!

1) its ok to shoot cheap ammo at Campbell's cans. if it jams, use your steel barrel cleaning rod to pop it out, and go back to enjoy shooting.

2) cheap aluminum ammo is really frustrating in full autos. its worth the extra buck to shoot S&B or Win White box.

3) cheap aluminum ammo in >$1500 HK shouldn't be your first choice for a home protection load. I recommend premium ammo with nickel coated cases. These resist corrosion and feed/extract with greater reliability.

CCI Blazer runs fine in all my 9mm handguns and HK 94 A3. Sticks, curved or beta c-mag. It leaves a fine dust, but not as messy as the Russian stuff.

Im not an expert, this is just my experience.

Kris
HK Dealer 1998-2007

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back when the ammo came out, it didn't extract well out of 9mm gun with fluted chambers.

To put it as simple as possible, They would crack and get stuck. Gun snobs made a big fuss over cheap ammo acting like, cheap ammo!

1) its ok to shoot cheap ammo at Campbell's cans. if it jams, use your steel barrel cleaning rod to pop it out, and go back to enjoy shooting.

2) cheap aluminum ammo is really frustrating in full autos. its worth the extra buck to shoot S&B or Win White box.

3) cheap aluminum ammo in >$1500 HK shouldn't be your first choice for a home protection load. I recommend premium ammo with nickel coated cases. These resist corrosion and feed/extract with greater reliability.

CCI Blazer runs fine in all my 9mm handguns and HK 94 A3. Sticks, curved or beta c-mag. It leaves a fine dust, but not as messy as the Russian stuff.

Im not an expert, this is just my experience.

Kris
HK Dealer 1998-2007

Thanks, Kris. Blazer has always been my choice for range ammo & IDPA matches in pistols (never had a malfunction with it). I ordered up a case and will give it a run through when I finally get the gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts