HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it didnt like some spray cleaner that I used because it immediately lost its tension/shape and snapped with the first cycle of the slide. I've ordered a few from HKP but is there any reason I cant use this thing until they arrive?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was some Hoppe's 'barrel blaster' spray, in a can, the type that comes out really cold and dries fast, almost like keyboard duster spray with a solvent added. Maybe the cold temperature did it? Maybe it was just a coincidence who knows. I dont recall there being extras in the case it came with but I dont know....its not with me at the moment anyway. Ive got a few on order, thanks for the info though guys

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
O-rings don't like temp changes, take it off next time I can send u a spare to get by with if u want

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my o-rings, while shooting or cleaning and was wondering how often they should be replaced.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
What is the purpose of the O-ring on the barrel?
There's a slight amount of clearance between the barrel and the slide - necessary to allow the breech to unlock as the action cycles. The o-ring takes up that clearance and makes for a slightly more consistent alignment between the barrel and the sight plane of the slide.

In practice it's been found to make only a slight improvement in accuracy because the tolerances are quite tight to begin with, but it's a step in a right direction for greater accuracy - no matter how slight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts