HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My USP40C is used on a weekly basis for IDPA and is also being carried day to day in various holsters (mostly Comp-Tac CTAC). It has also seen somewhere between 12000-13000 rounds on the range.

As expected, the blueing on the slide is starting to show some wear and the odd scratch or two is also becomming unsightly. Its not that bad yet that I'd consider to reblue the whole slide, I just want to touch up the shiney parts (especially the corners on the front end of the slide).

Can anyone recommend a suitable product for this? Also, if you reblue the whole slide, does this then dull/cover the slide markings (date, serial no, moose horns)?

Thanks,

Andre

·
Registered
123 Posts
USP slides are not blued - they are nitro-carburized. I don't think you can touch them up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried to touch my USPc 40 up the other day with some Oxpho Blue (please excuse the spelling). It worked on the sights, slide stop, and mags. Did not take to the slide at all. I had the same result with the glock. Best bet would be refinish it if you can be without it. Personally it did not make a difference to me. I think some holster wear etc. gives it some character.

·
Registered
173 Posts
have thought about haveing the slide hard chromed? it would take care of all those marks and give the gun a cool two tone look :cool: if your in to that

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, I'm not a big fan of chromed slides. Now a stainless slide is a different story, but still not my cup of tea.

I do agree however, some wear does give the gun some character. Mine is just getting a lot of character lately. That will change however, as soon as my USP40F arrives!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts