HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a BW-89 in a trade. The question I have is what are these things worth, money wise? It was originally bought 1 year ago from a local store for $2300, tax included. I think that is an unrealistic price for it. It came with 3 mags, is in great condition. I have not shot it yet but I hope it shoots as good as it looks. The owner said he only put about 100 rounds thru it. Im assuming its worth about $1500. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, is there anything I should be looking into as far as issues or parts that need to be replaced? Any help/info is appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You misunderstood what I said. I didn't buy it for $2300. It was bought by the original owner for $2300 OTD. I traded the original owner 2 AKs for it. The AKs are worth about $500 each. So I think I got a good deal. I just wanted to find out how good of a deal did I make.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I don't think that any of those clones (BW or whatever) are worth any more than $1100. Maybe a little extra if they have a FA bolt or some upgrade to the lower. They didn't even have receiver re-enforcements... I think.

The new CA89k is sort of resetting the bar.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Retrodog...

You mean the "Anti-Stock Tabs" don't ya! The HK receiver does not need any reinforcment on the back end of a 9MM gun. The only reason the tabs were originally put there, was to stop the A3, and other stocks from being put on the gun. That is why they went with the Choate stock for the PDW.

This has been hashed out before, just do a search. By the way, you got a great deal on the trade.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts