HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I know Im a rook and I know Im going to catch hell for this but Im going to get a clone. I know everyone is going to say get a DOJ 94 but I have like three other projects going right now. I have always liked the MP5 style rifle and I cant wait any longer to get one. So what should I go with? The Bobcat BW5 or the Cohaire Arms CA5? I like the MP5 style so the Vector 89 pistol is out. What ever I get will eventually go SBR if one is better than the other for that? Thanks for all the info.

Thanks,
Jason G

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think they are basically the same weapon. The CA may have the latest generation of receiver however (depending on when the SW was built.) Either way...I think you will be happy if either one runs properly out of the box. If it doesn't, a few minor tweaks with certain parts...and then you will be happy. I have a BW5 SBR....and it runs excellent after I replaced a few key parts with HK hardware. It ran fine before, but wanted to reassure myself in the long run.

Hope this helps...

Major

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think they are basically the same weapon. The CA may have the latest generation of receiver however (depending on when the SW was built.) Either way...I think you will be happy if either one runs properly out of the box. If it doesn't, a few minor tweaks with certain parts...and then you will be happy. I have a BW5 SBR....and it runs excellent after I replaced a few key parts with HK hardware. It ran fine before, but wanted to reassure myself in the long run.

Hope this helps...

Major
Would those parts happen to include the extractor and extractor spring?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heys guys thanks for the info. Ive been doing some research and the Cohaire CA5 is like $975.00 retail, and the Bobcat is $1700.00 retail. What makes the Bobcat $800.00 better? What parts do the people who have problems with their clones usually have to replace? For the guys who sbr'd their Bobcat did you buy the pistol and add stock or did you remove the fake sliencer? of course after the paperwork. How hard is the fake sliencer to remove? Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks,
Jason G

·
Registered
13 Posts
i bought mine as an sbr.the biggest problem is the extractor and spring.it had a lot of fte when i got it so i sent it back and they replaced the extractor spring it ran a lot better but not 100% that is why i replaced the bolt head.it will now eat anything i feed it and runs perfect.also there is a clone that is a blowback weapon and not a delayed gun.i am not sure which one it is but with the people on this board i am am sure they will help.this is the place to learn the people are great trust me i am a new guy here

·
Registered
324 Posts
NEGATIVE. The Vector clones are Delayed-just like HK. You mean the VULCAN. They are blowback.

Yes, I did replace the entire bolt carrier assembly to make it run 100%.

MajorHK

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Vector is not a BLowback

My Vector is a delayed roller just like HK's design not blowback. I think the crappy company that makes clones in blowback.

The company thats name cannot be mentioned.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My Vector is a delayed roller just like HK's design not blowback. I think the crappy company that makes clones in blowback.

The company thats name cannot be mentioned.

Seth,

You are incorrect as well. Vulcan makes the Blowback version. SW/BW/CA are all Delayed just like HK.

Major

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry O/T:

HKfreak:

YES SIR!!! After 6 years as a Captain (USMC).....only 10 more until retirement!

MajorHK

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys I know ur going to think Im a big pain in the ass but found out a little more about the Coharie Arms clone. The ad says they have an anti-rattle paddle mag release. Is that good or bad? Also says they come with type F bolt head and type F barrel flutes. Please tell me about each of these. Also says comes with HK spec claw mounts? Good/Bad? Thanks again for the help.

Thanks,
Jason G

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I guess the anti-rattle just keeps the mag from rocking around in the mag well, and makes for a tighter fit.

So, yeah its a cool thing to have.

Seth

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Good job Major!

Thank you for your service and devotion!

My friend is down at Ft. Campbell, he just got back from Iraq and went from his butter bar to Lieutennant.

How many years do you think it will be before he is a Major?

Thanks, Seth

1 - 20 of 51 Posts