1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
...any way to get this in .pdf???

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but you can "right click, save as" and save them to your own computer. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
how bout this guys juss put in +2 to rollers in my gun ans still no bolt gap :320000: any ideas ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol i did the the normal size ones were in it and the new ones from rtg was +2 so it rly suxs cuz i wanna shoot this thing and i cant( havent shoot it yet at all its killin me)

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might get back w/rtg and pick up a new locking piece. That's what it took plus my +2 rollers to get my gap back to acceptable.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
There are only 3 things that affect bolt gap that can wear - the locking piece, the rollers, and the trunion. You've replaced the rollers, that didn't help. Like SixBarSpur suggested, the locking piece would be next. If THAT doesn't do it, time for a (gulp!) new trunion.

I think the depth the barrel is pressed in can affect it too, but that's not something that would be subject to wear, and it definitely couldn't get deeper into the receiver as time goes by.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I just checked my MP5k bolt gap and it is .30 mm

Gun works perfectly so is this a good enough bolt gap or should I try to adjust?

Thanks, Seth

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I just checked my MP5k bolt gap and it is .30 mm

Gun works perfectly so is this a good enough bolt gap or should I try to adjust?

Thanks, Seth
Proper bolt gap is ideally .25-.45mm, and can go to a maximum of .5mm. Yours is getting on the low end, but is ok for now. You've got about .002" of wear left until you're at the minimum. I'd get some new rollers.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
So just to check I should put in a 8.02 rollers

Right now I have the standard unmarked rollers.

That would raise the bolt gap to .40 mm

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
So just to check I should put in a 8.02 rollers

Right now I have the standard unmarked rollers.

That would raise the bolt gap to .40 mm
Yep, that is correct, each step up raises the gap .1mm. The locking piece head can also wear, and is easily replaced. The last wear point is the trunnion, which is obviously not easily replaced. But in your case, all you need is the rollers because you're not even out of acceptable spec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great info and THANKS from a newbie. I just checked my MP5 clone and maybe found out why my failure to cycle problems. My gap is about .025 " . Time to try some new rollers also.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Great info and THANKS from a newbie. I just checked my MP5 clone and maybe found out why my failure to cycle problems. My gap is about .025 " . Time to try some new rollers also.
Hold off on those rollers for now. If your gap is .025", you have other problems. Are you sure the bolt was fully closed? Did you drop the hammer on the empty chamber?

As the parts wear, the gap gets smaller, not larger. The oversized rollers increase the gap size, not reduce it.

T

·
0 Posts
I'd like to know if there is a published source or book that has these instructions. Are they any different for the SL7 rifle? Bolt gap listed in the owners manual is 0.1mm.
Thanks for any info.
tebbetts

1 - 20 of 48 Posts