HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys !

could anybody tell me the factory headspace on MP5´s ?? btw; is there a trick to correctly install the bbl , with the upper lug pointing perfectly upwards ?

thanks a million !

Karl

·
Registered
729 Posts
Just use a feeler gauge you can get from your local auto parts supply store, i.e. AutoZone, O'Reilly, Advanced, etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
btw; is there a trick to correctly install the bbl , with the upper lug pointing perfectly upwards ?
You could try drawing straight line from the center of one of the lug points down the barrel to line up with a center line on your trunnion. I've noticed they try to rotate a little when you press them in, I've found freezing the barrel helps a little with that FWIW. Is this a build or are you just swapping barrels on a already built gun?

And ditto the feeler gauges, I grabbed a set from Rural King, they're available at any auto parts store as well.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
it is a factory gun , i just want to replace the bbl for a pdw one
If it is a factory gun, send it to HK. Their work is excellent and they use factory parts. Best of all their prices are very reasonable. The downside for most collectors is they only work on Factory guns. So that is perfect for you.

Scott

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just another question , will the bolt gap setting need to have a dummy on the chamber and no extractor on the bolt like other guns ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts