HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just measured the bolt gap on my newly acquired SW5. It is .007" / .178mm. A bit small from what I am reading but ill ask the experts........ What should I do?
Thanks,
Dave

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The question would be more appropriately put in Clone Talk.

You are at the far low end but as long as the gun still cycles, you could leave it as long as it holds. But of you are intent on gettign it above .010", get some +4 rollers which will get you around .015" which is about perfect. If you have the orginal SW bolt-group, a new German or RCM locking piece can sometimes increase gap (but can decrease it as well depending on which way the SW lp could be off).

But if the gun runs well, I would leave it until it reaches .005" or just put in the +4 rollers.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
You're very welcome. Next time try the Clone Talk section as you'll probably get a plethora of reponses. The Rookie Corner is sometimes spotty when it comes to techincal questions.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Not really, it's actually a pretty common question. Most of time those who have the answers to techinical questions overlook the Rookie Corner. Typically the mods will move the post but this one may have slipped by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts