HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new bolt head for 922r compliance and my bolt gap now is right in between .5mm and .55mm (.5mm feeler gauge goes in easily, .55 wont go in even if try to jam it in). I did not check my bolt gap before changing out the bolt head so I'm not sure if it is unchanged or not.

I know that .5mm is supposed to be the largest allowable gap. When people are in this situation is it better to get new rollers to shrink the gap a bit or should it be alright as is?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The gap should shrink slightly after firing some rounds through the weapon. So go shoot a couple hundred rounds and then remeasure.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Agree with Steve. Shoot 500rds and then check it. Right now you're between .020-.021" so that isn't a huge deal. It will come down a bit and settle in, probably right where you want it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious, the bolthead is not usually considered low hanging fruit when travelling down the 922(r) path. Was there an issue with the original?
Not at all. This is for a Z43P - I strongly dislike the railed/ modular hand guards and there is no US made regular handguard, the push-pin lower precludes the use of a US lower, and I will use an A3 stock. I also already have a good stock of steel mags so I'd rather not have to use the promags. Its definitely not the lowest hanging fruit but I had a certain aesthetic in mind and I also value the lives of my dogs, so I figure its worth it in that regard.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Not at all. This is for a Z43P - I strongly dislike the railed/ modular hand guards and there is no US made regular handguard, the push-pin lower precludes the use of a US lower, and I will use an A3 stock. I also already have a good stock of steel mags so I'd rather not have to use the promags. Its definitely not the lowest hanging fruit but I had a certain aesthetic in mind and I also value the lives of my dogs, so I figure its worth it in that regard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts