HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new black one in my safe and now tempted to put it up for bids.

This is crazy man, this is what converted to UMP one normally goes for on the low end.

HK USC 45 acp NIB 2mags orig acc. UMP convertible : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Just thought I would vent somewhere. I've been away from price watching these for a while and was shocked to see what this one is going for since I paid $1150 for mine that is exactly the same about 3 yrs ago.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Wow wish I had a couple of those laying around. Yes it is NIB so it would command a little more cash but man thats a lot

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't think those are shill bidders. I think we are seeing the beginning stage of the mother of all panics.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I don't think those are shill bidders. I think we are seeing the beginning stage of the mother of all panics.
If it is a panic then why buy guns that already neutered guns? A non converted USC and SL8 would most like still be legal under another"assault" weapon ban.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
There's one on GB currently at $1925. I haven't been around for a while...had no idea the prices had jumped that much. I'm glad I converted mine years ago.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Wow I didn't know they were going for that much. I turned one down for $2000 a couple months ago thinking they were asking too much. I offered $1700 but was turned down, I guess maybe they knew more than me

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
If it is a panic then why buy guns that already neutered guns? A non converted USC and SL8 would most like still be legal under another"assault" weapon ban.
No, they likely won't make the "mistake" of allowing the work arounds if they get another shot at it. Here is the last attempt from 2015/2016:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

HK USC, sp89 banned explicitly by name, along with Beretta CX4 storm carbine, sub 2000, HK MR 556, 91, 93, 94, plus lots of leeway for any copies or similar items. I guess sp5k, zenith/mke, POF, ptr, etc would fall under the copies or replica language. No evil semi auto belt feds either.

Thankfully this didn't pass, but as seen in legislation in California, NY, and Connecticut, a 90s style ban wasn't good enough, so don't count on any exclusions or loopholes or sunsets, it is all or nothing.

I guess existing USCs might be OK if grandfathered in, which all would be since they aren't imported any longer, I don't know that you could convert them after the fact.

The goal would be that nothing like this sees the light of day, and we can freely purchase our increasingly expensive USCs and continue to see new cool stuff like sp5k, mr556a3 or 5, g36, SDs, etc!

Shockwave

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gunbroker is retarded on pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive been trying to find a USC for aconversion for about a month now-prices are crazy on GB and they just are not around at LGS and gun shows in my area...thinking about doung a WTB-are prices going to keep gettingmore and more crazy as November approaches?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I paid $2,000 for a gently used USC last year. I thought that was a fair deal and the prices seem to keep going up. I think $3,400 is high for a converted model. $3,400 for a USC is outrageous.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts