HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All: Anybody know someone who makes a bore guide for your cleaning rod for use in a HK 93 or clone receiver? Sort of goes into the chamber from the inside of the receiver so that you can clean your rifle from the chamber end.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use plastic coated cleaning rods and don't worry about it.
You have to remember that hammer forged H&K barrels are rated at 70,000 rounds! They are hard as hell!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I have one for 223, and it is "OK" for a field expedient, but it isn't something that I would choose over a rod and patches. It is an alternative, sure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's just the ticket.

STG77... The reason for the bore guide for me is that my Dewey cleaning rod bows something fierce when I put the bore brush on it and try to run it through from the receiver. Yipes!
Have you tried "pulling it through" instead of pushing the rods down the bore?
I use this method on all of my .223 cal weapons as well.
Just a thought...

Looks like the right tool you were looking for there. I never have seen one for H&K weapons before.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I've tried this. It seems very time consuming. I've thought of using my Otis cleaning pull through like this (what a poor cleaning tool!). I figure getting it right isn't that difficult, nor too expensive.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have one for my Colt 6700 and plan to see if it fits in the V93. I'm able to go to town on the 20" barrel and then run a jag and patches through without to much flexing, the rod is coated and has a bearing, I just can't remember the name brand .

The V93 will be here tomorrow, how hard are they to field strip and re-assemble ?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Convert... The standard stock which came with mine was difficult at best to remove... but all one does is push the rivet through and remove it, and then pull really hard on the stock, and it comes off. The pistolgrip typically falls free of the receiver pretty much in an instant, so be sure to remove the stock over a rug or something so that the pgrip doesn't get damaged in the fall. Then simply pull back on the charging handle and the bolt carrier group becomes easily exposed for removal. Voila! You're done.

Reassembly is simply the reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I have one for my Colt 6700 and plan to see if it fits in the V93. I'm able to go to town on the 20" barrel and then run a jag and patches through without to much flexing, the rod is coated and has a bearing, I just can't remember the name brand .

The V93 will be here tomorrow, how hard are they to field strip and re-assemble ?
I had a very hard time removing the stock buttstock on my V93 ~ so discovered a faster way by accident - 1: remove pin on stock, 2: cock rifle and lock lever in up position, 3: now remove buttstock - it comes off in a wiggle or two!

Of course if yours comes of easy normally - dont do this!! and also to add got a HK33 all plastic stock form hk21man and it comes off easier and was nicer than the one from vector. actually replaced my handguard too (from same guy). don't know if they are all like that or I just got a bad one(s)....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Vector arrived today courtesy of sinned on this board. it's looks awesome and is in excellent like new.
Field striped it no problem.
the ar bore guide doesn't fit, I'll take dimensions off the bolt and make one
Shootin' that puppy this Sunday ;-)

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's all Stubbicat's fault, now I have to report this income ;-) just kidding..
getting ready to mill some more PVC for the receivers, will use a ball end mill, it very closely matches the curves in the receiver, will post pics.
Plus I got a killer deal on a sweet mini lathe so I can make these at home ;-)

http://www.ismg4tools.com/sd300.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts