HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Absolutely amazing collection! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
96 Posts
What can I say? This is awesome! Bo, I think your my daddy. LoL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bo : You are very fortunate on the HK416s, MP5s, and I love the PSG1 and HK53. Nice collection there brother.

Be safe!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Incredible, I am envious of that collection.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Bo,awesome collection.

How about some info on some of the more rare pieces you have such as the P7A13,P7M13S,etc?Interesting to see some of the different features on them.Some history if you will?
Thanks,
Rex

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The rare ones

Bo,awesome collection.

How about some info on some of the more rare pieces you have such as the P7A13,P7M13S,etc?Interesting to see some of the different features on them.Some history if you will?
Thanks,
Rex
Rex-
Not sure where to begin, but I will toss a few tidbits together. First and foremost if you don't have the book that HK put out of their history, you have to get it. It is not totally complete and whoever translated it from German to English messed a few things up but it details a lot of the guns and prototypes that HK made over the years.

So here are some of my favorite guns and the descriptions I have for them. I am just going to cut and paste out of my database, so some of this might be a little too much detail, but then again, can you ever really get enough HK info? ;-)

HK4 MAS - I have 2 NIB. Only 555 secretly made HK 4's as French MAS (Manufacture Naionale d'Arms de Saint Etiene/MAS) sent to France so they could be used in Berlin because German manufacured guns were not allowed to be issued to authorities in Berlin. Serial numbers on these guns range from 51566-52120. Imported back to Berlin as a French gun and issued to prison guards, etc. All numbers match, tool, target, original box, paper work. 6 mags. Extremely rare.

HK4 Licthpistole - This is the super rare HK4 light pistol used for training. It is not a functioning firearm, nor can it be, but it does shoot a beam of light. NIB with instructions in German.

HK P7 PSP (GSG9) - Very early production P7 made for the GSG 9. There is a document in German that indicates that this gun was a gift from GSG9 to a famous german journalist, Daggobert Lindlau! Apparently, he wrote favorable things about them. Actually stamped GSG9 on gun and grip says P7 PSP. Extremely rare. Comes with box and original documentation.

HK P7A10 - US Military started looking at new pistols in the early 1980's The Trial was designated "XM9". HK made 34 examples of a 10 shot mag. model of the P7 by extending the frame, called the A10 ("A" = arbeitstitel = working title) & shipped it to the US for testing. These were taken out of current production P7s so the serial number range was 27841-27873. US wanted bigger mag. so the P7A13 came next. P7A10 with 3-10 rnd. mags., target, box. Mint. RH grip says "XM9", Left grip red "P7". Box says "P7A10". p.245. in Kersten's book, HK Die Pistolen, where this gun is specifically documented there. This book was written with full cooperation of HK.

HK P7A13 - HK P7 A13 #VM0036. VM=Versuchsmodell means Test Model. This one is the first prototype to the P7M13 model that works. Was shipped here for US Govt inspection/testing which is how it got away from the factory. Almost all the other VMs are still at the factory. HK made 33 P7A13 guns using the same serial numbers they had used on the A10 guns, but this is the only VM they made. This specific gun is discussed on page 253. in Kersten's book, HK Die Pistolen, where this gun is specifically documented. This book was written with full cooperation of HK. Also discussed specifically on pg. 94 of the official HK anniversary book..

HK P7A13 - US Military started looking at new pistols in the early 1980's The Trial was designated "XM9". HK made 34 examples of a 10 shot mag. model of the P7 by extending the frame, called the A10 ("A" = arbeitstitel = working title) & shipped it to the US for testing. These were taken out of current production P7s so the serial number range was 27841-27873. US wanted bigger mag. so the P7A13 came next. HK then used the same serial numbers over again that they had used on the A10. RH grip says "XM9", Left grip red "P7A13". p.245. in Kersten's book, HK Die Pistolen, where this gun is specifically documented there. This book was written with full cooperation of HK.

HK P7M13 - Serial numbewr 015. Following the trials, HK decided to use what they learned and apply it to a new production weapon. The P7M13 was born. The first pilot lot went from serial number 001 to 059. Actual production numbers started at 71101. This example of the pilot lot is NIB with extra mag, target, and manual. Very Rare.

HK P7M13 TPW - XM9 TRAINING PROGRAM WEAPONS: US govt. required HK to provide 10 P7M13s to train the Trials shooters/armorers. Special serial #'d & engraved "Training Program Weapon" on slide so that they could not be substituted for the guns that were actually shot and put through all kinds of testing. These were the first "production" M13s. They were made entirely by what HK considers "hand" but are identical to regular M13s. Cost HK $6,200 each. My guns show very little signs of wear, basically at the upper front corners of frame where the slide tips up for removal. Please note that these guns were just used for classroom training. With orig. box, & copy of letter of authenticity from HK-USA president. Copy of manual HK used at US Army Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

HK P7M13 - Very early production HK P7M13 with the extremely rare factory stamped HK T&E ONLY. I also have an SL6 with this stamped on it. This is the first M13 I have ever seen with this on it. Extremely rare and perfect with all accs.

HK P7M13 - Very early production HK P7M13 with the extremely rare factory stamped HK DEMO ONLY. This is the first M13 I have ever seen with this on it. I also have a NIB P9S with this stamp. Extremely rare and perfect with all accs.

HK P7M13S - This is the only one with special external safety button made for HK-USA and I think this was the only one made for commercial sales anywhere. Left grip says " P7M13S", Includes a letter from former HK-USA president Florian Deltgen who had it made so it could be shown to some military and police buyers who insisted on having a separate safety. There were 3000 made for Mexico, but this is the only one made specifically for the US.

HK P7PT8 - Designed in 1982-3, there were only 187 examples made of this unique factory training only gun. Fires a special 9mm round made by Geco at 3000 fps muzzle velocity, which falls to zero fps at 50 meters. Features a floating chamber similar to the K3. This gun came from a guy in Florida who supposedly went to HK and cleaned out the Gray Room in around 1997. Comes with the hang tag that was on it in the Gray Room.

HK P7M13 - Extremely rare factory engraved gun. These were usually made for dignitaries and almost never end up in private hands. I have confirmation from HK Germany that this is in fact a factory engraved gun, which the letter states they can not do any longer. This gun was originally made for the German market, but was brought back to the States by an Army Major who was stationed there.

That ought to be enough for now. I hope this has been helpful. Again, I cannot recommend enough, either getting the german only book Die Pistolen or the HK Anniversary book (which was done by the same author and has most of the same info in it and covers more than just the handguns).

If any of you have anything that you think would fit into my collection, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bo

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you Bo for the new pics and info. That engraved M13 is a true work of art!

Can I ask you to post a pic of your BASR? or let us know if you ever shot it.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 20 of 199 Posts