HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd been looking for an HK clone in 5.56 so bought an MKE 43 at the local gun shop listed new, told it was ready to shoot and take larger mags. Shot well and accurately at the range, very enjoyable (even with 10 round mag). Fast forward several weeks to finding the thread on this forum about the bolt carrier hammering out the back end issue. I've only put 110 rounds through it but yes it had the similar marks on the carrier, upper push pin, and the upper push pin hole was stretched. After more research (and not shooting since uncovering the issue) I've located new parts (as many US as possible). I'm stuck however at choice of a new lower. I swapped a lower from a PTR 32 I have and it fits (by itself) but not with the original MKE trigger assembly in it. Will this mean a new trigger assembly will be needed? Or a different lower? I understand a trigger assembly with US parts may be needed anyway (for 922, I also hope to put larger mags in it). What type of lower is required and where are they available? How many US parts are required for 922? I currently have a US stock (with back plate, new, longer recoil rod assembly and buffer), handguard, cocking handle, and US mags. With a US hand grip that will be 7 US parts. I'd appreciate any help, and apologize for any redundant posting...this forum has been very helpful to me in finding what I need so far, I'm just stuck with the hand grip and possible need for a semi auto trigger assembly, and hope to get this gun shooting again.

Thanks,

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the later Zenith import MKE model 43, no upper pin thank goodness. I am aware of the earlier model and it's use of the upper pin but I have to ask is the upper pin really needed on that earlier model??? What happens if you run it without the pin? Other than it will no longer batter your carrier, is it really needed for support?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gopguy I vaguely remember checking it without the upper push pin in the backplate and it seemed to shift around somewhat. I may try it again but if its loose I'm not for shooting it.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
I just bought a couple NOS ATI 43's this week. Awesome barrels and accuracy. My 33K build is my favorite rifle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a couple NOS ATI 43's this week. Awesome barrels and accuracy. My 33K build is my favorite rifle.
Such was my experience for what little time I was able to shoot my rifle. I may be close to getting the parts I need, its been a little unpredictable fitting some of the replacement parts. I've been considering pursuing a build, but am so busy.
I'm also concerned with finding someone who can professionally check out the rifle and parts once I've got them all together.
Thanks for your comment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts