HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've wanted to own an H&K branded rifle/pistol for a long time now, but for one reason or another I haven't. I've bought my share of guns and currently own a few clone style MP5's, but just never gotten ahold of an actual H&K branded gun. Today I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a H&K P30s 40 s&w. I've always had a soft spot for the 40cal and when I saw this pistol I knew I had to have it. I'm left handed so the ambidextrous safety and mag release should be really nice. Anyone that owns this pistol or has knowledge of it, please chime in on any pro's or con's. I welcome any personal opinions on the pistol. Looking forward to that known H&K quality I hear so much about.

I'll be sure and add pics and my personal opinion once I'm able to pick it up from the FFL.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrats! I'm not the biggest fan of 40s&w, but I'm definitely a fan of the P30! The P30L v3 and the USP 45 V1 are tied for my favorite overall HKs.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Congrats on the P30 and your first HK. My P30 is on my hip at this very second. Pros and cons differ between the user but one thing for sure is the P30 is a quality piece. Enjoy your beginning on your HK journey. I highly recommend a USP next!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Having a P30s in .40 I can say that it's a pleasant shooter and super comfy and built like a tank. No cons what so ever.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've got a P30 40 V2.
Converted to V1 (Light LEM) and added night sights.
That's it, the gun is good to go right out of the box.
No matter how great the shipped grip feels in the hand.
Recommend you try out the various side pannel and backstrap options with live fire.
Little things can make a big difference.

Enjoy your new HK!

Barth

Oh BTW there's a new solution to MP5 Clones too :cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the P30 and your first HK. My P30 is on my hip at this very second. Pros and cons differ between the user but one thing for sure is the P30 is a quality piece. Enjoy your beginning on your HK journey. I highly recommend a USP next!
congrats on your first HK. my biggest con with the P30 series is the fact I do not own one.
Having a P30s in .40 I can say that it's a pleasant shooter and super comfy and built like a tank. No cons what so ever.
Congrats and welcome!! You're off to a great start!!
Thanks everyone, I was hoping I made a solid choice and I think this helps confirm it. I just wish I hand it in my hand right now...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah as long as I can find deals like I did with this P30 ($549), I think I'll be adding more H&K's to my inventory. Haha!

·
Registered
320 Posts
The P30 is a very fine pistol and the ergos are fantastic. You made a solid choice and I have no cons about mine what so ever other than I need to shoot it more often. The VP9 Tactical and USP tactical are getting the range time today.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The P30 is a very fine pistol and the ergos are fantastic. You made a solid choice and I have no cons about mine what so ever other than I need to shoot it more often. The VP9 Tactical and USP tactical are getting the range time today.
Thanks! Maybe one day I'll have the same dilemma, haha!

You can grab a P2000 or P2kSK in that price range........just sayin' ;)
And this is how it starts... Haha! I'll give this one a couple months before I go grabbing another H&K.... Ok maybe a a couple weeks, haha!

Congratulations on your first HK. It will be the first of many!
Thank you! I'm hoping I can pace myself, haha!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thank you! I'm hoping I can pace myself, haha!

That's what I thought.............didn't work so well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Congrats on your new P30! Welcome Home!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't let em knock the .40 cal. thing:600: .40.....45......357...........don't leave home with out it..................................

1 - 20 of 28 Posts