HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I reasently bought a HK P30L V1. And with it I aquired a surefire x400U as my light. And all in all I love the combo!

However, withe the x400 all my problems also begin. I am looking to use a service holster for the gun, the idea is that since the gun is the same as at my place of work then the holster should be the same.
The holster we use is as far as I know the "Model 6305 ALS®/SLS Tactical Holster w/ Quick-Release Leg Strap" from Safariland. But since the idea is to move more towards the use of holsters that are on the belt I am looking more towards the "Model 6365 ALS® Low-Ride, Level III Retention™ Duty Holster w/ SLS" holster.
But as they say on the sight non of these holsters are made to fit the P30L with a x400U.
So in short does anyone know if I will be able to one of th holsters made for a different light with a laser and have it fit the x400U?

And if I can't do that, do any of you have a recomendation of an alternate holster with a similar release that I will be able to use with my gun and light?

·
Priest of the P7
4,793 Posts
It's probably the laser module hanging off the bottom of the X400 that's f'n up your deal. You'll probably have to have one custom made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it will be possible to have one custom made from safariland, or will I have to find a different manufacturer?
Alternativly I cna always get a different light for the gun.

·
Priest of the P7
4,793 Posts
I'm not sure but I don't think Safariland does custom work like that. There are myriad kydex workers that can accommodate you. I use OTGHex for my custom kydex stuff, but there are probably thousands of shops that do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the help!

I'll look into it, but dependig on gow much it costs I might just have to downgrade to a x300U and get that holster.
If I do tat I can always attempt to get a different one to use with my x400 later. But time will tell!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Just bought my first HK 8 hours ago. VP9 with night sights. I ordered a holster from Blade-tech. They have a pretty large selection and make a decent product.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
I also believe the issue is the laser on the X400, it hangs too low below the light body. I really have never understood why the made it this way, it is ridiculously huge. I'd go with a different light/laser. Below is a thread I just started regarding light/laser handgun units...... of course a SF X300 will fit numerous Safariland holsters, if you don't require a laser..

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/287393-handgun-mounted-lights-hk45c.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts