HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I decided after seeing the PTR MSG, I just had to have this for my collection. Took it home, took it apart, cleaned and lubed it. I then mounted the new Millet DMS1 1-4x scope on Leupold Mark 4 flat-top 30mm rings. Then off to the range I went.

I fired one, cleaned one, for 5 rounds. Copper stopped stripping after round 3. This tells me that this is one mighty fine barrel. I continued to round 5, then cleaned after the next five. Break-in complete. One of the fastest barrels that ever broke in for me.

On to the trigger. The trigger is one long, heavy SOB. It took me about five groups to get the breathing/trigger pull coordinated. To much take-up, to heavy, and too much overtravel. I am sending it off to Mr. Springfield in the morning.

The fit and finish is fantastic. This is my first H&K clone and I am very pleased. This caught the attention of every one at the range today.

I fired only Federal GM 168's today at 100 yards. 40 total. Here is a picture of one of my 5 round groups after getting used to the SOB of a trigger. This will all change after I get the trigger pack back from Mr. Springfield. Should be able to shoot .5 moa after that. Not to bad considering.... The target is a mini-B27. I love those little targets.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Damn nice shooting! I need a scope for my PTR really bad, although I want a Hensoldt. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have any pictures of the rifle? I have only seen the picture of it off ptr91.com

And from reading their description it seems like it comes with a bipod. If true you wouldnt happen to know make and possibly model? To me it looks like a Harris bench rest bipod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts