HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see this movie mentioned anywhere yet but at about 1:07:11 in there's a very nice full side view of a G36 with a full stock w/ adjustable cheek rest when the Polizei are coming up the stairs at the Hotel Brecker to catch Jason. Don't ever rem seeing a G36 with full stock in this configuration other than in early prototypic pics. Looks like the same guy he sees passing in front of the peep hole, as well. Just before that there's also a G36 with what appears to be a side by side mag setup with a blank round at the top...best part is the second mag seems to be on the right side of the weapon...would that leave the ejection port clear? ^Hmm after considering this for a minute I'm guessing it would indeed as a side by side mag will have the spare on one side or the other depending on which is employed....silly me. ^^Though on second second thought...a side by side could be set up staggered or rather twisted. This would be no harder than an end to end config. Guess I could actually take the time to look at and research the G36 mags to see which would even be possible...but what fun would the interweb be if anybody knew what they were talking about?

Anyway, of course there are plenty of good ole' Mp5's to be had! Odly enough, the Polizei handgun selection looked to be Glock/XD...couldn't really get any good looks to be positive though.

Just in case anybody isn't above queuing up the DVD for a mere 30seconds of HK CQB goodness!

Byte

·
Registered
198 Posts
It wasn't a G36; it was actually the German version of the SL8, except fitted with a standard G36 carry handle and given a 30-round mag.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It wasn't a G36; it was actually the German version of the SL8, except fitted with a standard G36 carry handle and given a 30-round mag.
Oh wow you know i was going to mention that my first thought on seeing it in the few seconds it was on screen that it reminded me of Alpinetek's SL8 G36 conversion project when I saw it. Then I thought to myself...why in the 9 levels of hell would the Polizei of all people pack around a civi ver when they could be packin' the real deal? I blame it on the garden gnomes...they seem too shifty just standing there staring at me like they do...

Anyway, thanks for the clear up that! <-- :20000000: Really not sure how I could have typed that...

Byte

1 - 3 of 3 Posts