HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Very nice. I was emailing back and forth with Housel about getting it done for my SK but it just seems like the project would be to complected.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is all safety functions intact with the milling ?

I *thought* HK had issues with this as some of the space for the milling was occupied by safety mechanism. I could be wrong.

Let us know how it shoots. I'm particularly interested in:
-If you shoot better all the sudden out of the gate or if there is a steep learning curve.
-After a little while, if your performance is better than with iron sites.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Can we get more pictures please?

Thanks!

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Are you gonna run it a bit on Sunday after the match JD? Love to inspect it closer! (Promise not to get any drool on it)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that is awesome. Get a threaded barrel on there!

No cans in Iowa for us low people so there's not much use of getting threaded barrel at this time.

Are you gonna run it a bit on Sunday after the match JD? Love to inspect it closer! (Promise not to get any drool on it)

Yeah, it'll be there, not sure how much "running" we'll get to do after the match, we'll see how the timing goes but I'll be bringing it regardless.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still fits:

Misc.

Trigger guard mod:

Inside of slide

And yes, the firing pin safety is still operable.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amazing attention to detail..looks like it was worth the wait...
Yeah, the trigger guard job makes it look like a took my HK45 and a spork and put them in a blender.....ok, maybe not that bad, but it looks a heck of a lot better than my work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i like it

So do I. The red dot sight (RDS) is really growing on me. Turned in some impressive slow fire groups today, just getting acquainted ya' know.

Might run the gun with the emitter taped over in IDPA tomorrow to see how well the backs perform. Going to be tough going back to a plain black front. Might have to break out the orange paint tonight.

I think the only thing I would change is that I would prefer a serrated front sight and may send it out to have a tritium vial installed in the front.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ran the gun with some tape over the emitter and used the irons in IDPA this weekend. The gun did very well, sadly I did not, two stages did me in and I placed 9/21.

One thing I'm noticing is that with the slide refinished I seem to be getting a little more drag on the rails and have having some intermittent failures. The fit of the frame and slide definitely feels tighter so I plan on just shooting the the gun a lot and letting it "break in".

It's been to damn hot of late to take the gun to properly zero it with my carry load, but I have a workable zero for now. Hopefully if it cools off this week I can take it to the in-door range and rest it and get my dope where I want it.

A 50' zero with 124gr+P HSTs should be pretty good. Will also run some NATO through it see if that loosens the fit back up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts