HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice Atlantic Firearms brace/ stock adapter that you can now purchase alone? Was not the case in past.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...ll-size-style-butt-plate-detail.html?Itemid=0

I have the Shockwave blade and tube already, just looking to find a good folding adapter that will work with a End cap. I have HKparts.net end cap but isn’t what I needed as the threading is off making the blade almost quarter turn off from vertical.

So now that a end cap looks available with a pig nose, anyone has any suggestions with this new product to get a folding stock option on my MKE, single pin, full size MP5?

What are some options others have done for a folding stock (non SBR) on here?

Trying to seriously limit my trial and error as I don’t have all the money to spend wildly :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you using a castle nut with your tube or are you trying to bottom out the tube in the end cap? There is also a folder adapter that will work with the HK parts end cap here (have to use castle nuts both sides to index the hinge and the tube w/shockwave: UTG AK-47 Side Folding Stock Adapter - TL-K7FAD01 - Primary Arms

s for the AF end cap if you scroll down on that page they have a hinge for sale also: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...a-psb-side-folding-hinge-detail.html?Itemid=0

There is a good thread here with someone doing the same: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/220519-mke-brace-pictures.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone notice Atlantic Firearms brace/ stock adapter that you can now purchase alone? Was not the case in past.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...ll-size-style-butt-plate-detail.html?Itemid=0

I have the Shockwave blade and tube already, just looking to find a good folding adapter that will work with a End cap. I have HKparts.net end cap but isn’t what I needed as the threading is off making the blade almost quarter turn off from vertical.

So now that a end cap looks available with a pig nose, anyone has any suggestions with this new product to get a folding stock option on my MKE, single pin, full size MP5?

What are some options others have done for a folding stock (non SBR) on here?

Trying to seriously limit my trial and error as I don’t have all the money to spend wildly :)
I bought the AA adapter the day it was posted on the website. Works great other than a little play in the end cap. I had been looking for about two months for an AR adapter and contacted AA and asked if they would ever consider selling the adapter separately and he said yes and that it would be up soon on the site. So I jumped on it to get it. I like that you can mount the buffer tube lower on the end cap which brings the sites up a bit when shooting.
Sorry but I don't have much insight on the single pin folder.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using a castle nut with your tube or are you trying to bottom out the tube in the end cap? There is also a folder adapter that will work with the HK parts end cap here (have to use castle nuts both sides to index the hinge and the tube w/shockwave: UTG AK-47 Side Folding Stock Adapter - TL-K7FAD01 - Primary Arms

s for the AF end cap if you scroll down on that page they have a hinge for sale also: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...a-psb-side-folding-hinge-detail.html?Itemid=0

There is a good thread here with someone doing the same: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/220519-mke-brace-pictures.html
Thanks for your response. i do have the castle nut, but honestly its not as tight fitting as i would like. Probably would need to use some lock-tite as well.

the Hinge the AF sells, is not a stand alone item. They specify that you need to buy the arm brace as well. Given that i have the shockwave blade, ill have to pass for now.

I will take a look into the UTG side folder adapter. See what set up I can get going. One thing that does concern me is there is not buffer on the end cap that Atlantic is offering.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the AA adapter the day it was posted on the website. Works great other than a little play in the end cap. I had been looking for about two months for an AR adapter and contacted AA and asked if they would ever consider selling the adapter separately and he said yes and that it would be up soon on the site. So I jumped on it to get it. I like that you can mount the buffer tube lower on the end cap which brings the sites up a bit when shooting.
Sorry but I don't have much insight on the single pin folder.
Great points. I too had the same issue with the HKparts end cap with the direct threading of a buffer tube. Maybe its the size of my head (im 6ft, 155lbs), but i could not get a good sight picture because of the level of the tube vs the iron sights. Hopefully with the pig nose option this will make it more manageable. My only question is why there is not harden buffer for the recoil on the end cap? does this need to be purchased separately?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for your response. i do have the castle nut, but honestly its not as tight fitting as i would like. Probably would need to use some lock-tite as well.

the Hinge the AF sells, is not a stand alone item. They specify that you need to buy the arm brace as well. Given that i have the shockwave blade, ill have to pass for now.

I will take a look into the UTG side folder adapter. See what set up I can get going. One thing that does concern me is there is not buffer on the end cap that Atlantic is offering.
To funny their loss but that hinge they are selling is just an Ace side folding hinge. Stormwerkz also makes one which is the one I prefer over the two buyt YES you can buy just that hinge just have to buy it somewhere else. Here is a thread explaining both and the differences as well: Stormwerkz vs. ACE folder adapter - The AK Files Forums

That is rather odd the AF end cap has no buffer in it and would keep me from buying it for sure!

ACE Hinge: https://dpharms.com/products/ak-47_..._~28hinge~29_for_ace_rifle_stock_systems.html

Stormwerkz Hinge: http://stormwerkz.com/stock-folding-mechanisms/stock-folding-mechanism-standard/

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To funny their loss but that hinge they are selling is just an Ace side folding hinge. Stormwerkz also makes one which is the one I prefer over the two buyt YES you can buy just that hinge just have to buy it somewhere else. Here is a thread explaining both and the differences as well: Stormwerkz vs. ACE folder adapter - The AK Files Forums

That is rather odd the AF end cap has no buffer in it and would keep me from buying it for sure!

ACE Hinge: https://dpharms.com/products/ak-47_..._~28hinge~29_for_ace_rifle_stock_systems.html

Stormwerkz Hinge: Stock Folding Mechanism- Standard Type | StormWerkz
Not to throw to much in the mix, but i wonder how well the AR15 profile folding hinge would work on an end cap like what AF is selling. I must not be able to do great searching but seems to me that there is not a lot of people who have tried other avenues other than SBR. I haven't found many pics of different options and combos.

StormWerkz -Stock Folding Mechanism- AR-15 Profile

·
Registered
72 Posts

I bet AA they would sell the side folder separately if you called and asked. They do the adapter when before they didn't.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Stormwerkz Hinge: Stock Folding Mechanism- Standard Type | StormWerkz
My Atlantic arms adapter has the buffer. And it's the proper thickness. My gun is the K model with two pins. If you were speaking of the single pin adapter then you need a buffer like the one I posted. But I was under the impression that this style buffer already came with the single pin MP5 variants.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet AA they would sell the side folder separately if you called and asked. They do the adapter when before they didn't.
Funny that you mentioned this.....i literally just got done emailing them less than a min ago. We'll see :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Atlantic arms adapter has the buffer. And it's the proper thickness.
Alright, thats good to know. I also inquired about this in an email. If you look at their pics, it does not show a buffer.

Is yours the Zenith full size MP5 of the MP5K model? I bought their Zenith MP5 fullsize.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Atlantic arms adapter has the buffer. And it's the proper thickness.
You mind taking a picture of it? I would love to see the buffer as their site does not show or say anything about it. I like the end cap and want to use it if it has some way of holding like the factory buffers do.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mind taking a picture of it? I would love to see the buffer as their site does not show or say anything about it. I like the end cap and want to use it if it has some way of holding like the factory buffers do.

I second the motion..... haha

·
Registered
72 Posts
Alright, thats good to know. I also inquired about this in an email. If you look at their pics, it does not show a buffer.

Is yours the Zenith full size MP5 of the MP5K model? I bought their Zenith MP5 fullsize.
I have the Zenith Z5P which is their version of the MP5K.

Here is my end cap with buffer and the AA pic.

Again my gun is the 2 pin not single. You would need the white buffer for the single pin I posted earlier.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the Zenith Z5P which is their version of the MP5K.

Here is my end cap with buffer and the AA pic.

Again my gun is the 2 pin not single. You would need the white buffer for the single pin I posted earlier.

Glad it worked out for you. Seems to be a solid product too. I think Atlantic Firearms puts out good products. As soon as I hear back i'll post the response. Assume I get the end cap for the fullsize MP5, I'll even post my review and thoughts. Hopefully since I have their MP5, should fit nicely.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah you have the K 2 pin end plate version that fits internally in the receiver. We have the "reverse stretch" full size with a 1 pin external end cap. The external cap that AF sell does not have a buffer as far as I know but then neither do the end caps they come with. Having a Buffer on an MP5 is an option not a reuirement from what I have read from the buy guys here. Most all seem to prefer to protect their investments with them though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah you have the K 2 pin end plate version that fits internally in the receiver. We have the "reverse stretch" full size with a 1 pin external end cap. The external cap that AF sell does not have a buffer as far as I know but then neither do the end caps they come with. Having a Buffer on an MP5 is an option not a reuirement from what I have read from the buy guys here. Most all seem to prefer to protect their investments with them though.
Correct the website does not show the buffer for the single pin adapter you guys need. I just figured you would already have one that originally came with the gun. I had no idea your guns did not come with a buffer. That seems odd. I wonder why.

·
Registered
45 Posts
YES!!! Thank you Bgriff008! that was the pic i was looking for! that helps me alot but I am still trying to figure out even the end caps. Some have buffer some do not. From what I understand a buffer is not required on an MP5 9mm. Wish one of the HK wizards would comment on MP5 Buffers and End plates. Many options with more being made my the day. Dakota Tactical has a nice one too but it's $ and also out of stock. BTW in that pic you posted that buffer look really thick. No probems short stroking?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YES!!! Thank you Bgriff008! that was the pic i was looking for! that helps me alot but I am still trying to figure out even the end caps. Some have buffer some do not. From what I understand a buffer is not required on an MP5 9mm. Wish one of the HK wizards would comment on MP5 Buffers and End plates. Many options with more being made my the day. Dakota Tactical has a nice one too but it's $ and also out of stock. BTW in that pic you posted that buffer look really thick. No probems short stroking?
Same here...liking all the options. I need to do something as I want to get out and shoot.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts