HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a p2000 v3. Nice pistol but the DA is pretty heavy. I'm thinking about replacing the FPB spring with HK part# 209296 and the hammer spring with HK part# 215694 - 10-11 pound spring. From what I gathered on this forum that should reduce DA pull by 1.5 pounds or so, the SA pull by about a pound and also improve stacking. I'd appreciate any comments from folks that have tried this. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
My NIB factory P2000 357 V2 is converted to V1 Light LEM.
Then dropped in the FS USP Match Hammer Hammer Spring and Nickel Plated Flat Sear Spring.
Plus added the HK45c extended mag release, flush mag base plates and utilized the XL backstrap.
It is my favored carry gun :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! The p2000 is a great gun and has the size and feel I'm looking for but I would like to lighten the DA trigger. The 215694 HS is the USP match hammer spring at 10-11 lbs vs the standard at 12 lbs. Not much different but every little bit helps. Hoping that plus the lighter FPB spring does the job.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
I have the Wolff 10-lb hammer spring in one of mine and no light strikes. It has probably seen around 1,700 rds down range.

If you want the Match HS, call HKCS. You'll thank me later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I saw this after ordering the part from Brownells. Lower price than some but not as low as direct form HK. Lesson learned, I'll call HKCS first next time. BTW any suggestions on sights for old eyes and dim light that also work well in full daylight. I was thinking about the Meprolights but no experience with them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 on extended mag release, nickel plated sear spring, and 10# hammer spring. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just purchased a p2000 v3. Nice pistol but the DA is pretty heavy. I'm thinking about replacing the FPB spring with HK part# 209296 and the hammer spring with HK part# 215694 - 10-11 pound spring. From what I gathered on this forum that should reduce DA pull by 1.5 pounds or so, the SA pull by about a pound and also improve stacking. I'd appreciate any comments from folks that have tried this. Thanks!
i have light fpbs and wolff 10lb hammer spring
makes a big difference
have had some issues with light primer strikes on reloaded ammo using CCI primers, but NEVER any with factory ammo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe TooSixy can answer this... do new production pistols come with "light" fpb springs?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks. I swapped mine out with the light one. Seemed about the same as the stock one in my BG code V3 gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I think I've decided to try a fiber optic front sight rather than night sights. Reasons being, I won't be using this at night and I don't want to spend 100+ on something I don't need. I'll be using the gun mainly at outdoor and indoor ranges and home defense. A light will work for home defense and I think fiber optic front will be a lot better than the standard 3 white dot set-up. I'm thinking dawson but would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
TFX Pros might give you best of both, fiber and tritium, not all the expensive if look around on web, maybe $120

·
Registered
18 Posts
i installed the wolff 12# USP hammer spring in my P2000 9mm. after ~2k rounds the DA pull is smooth and just under 10#'s pull weight. I also played around w the 10# spring which worked fine but i do believe there is a slight negative impact on recoil. the hammer spring functions both for ignition and to work against slide movement rearward. dropping the hammer spring will lead to slightly earlier breech unlocking and faster rearward slide travel.

the 10# hammer spring is also just barely above the threshold for ignition. if the gun gets grimy/dirty then you have no extra spring pressure for ignition. one more reason i avoid the 10# hammer spring if it's a defensive pistol.

in terms of wolff vs HK OEM springs, the wolff springs exhibit less stacking than the OEM HK springs. i prefer the wolff springs.

https://www.gunsprings.com/HK - HECKLER & KOCH/USP/cID1/mID26/dID136#166

intermittently storing the pistol with hammer cocked can also help the spring wear in a little faster. not a major improvement but can help a bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts