HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safe on the frame? Good idea / Bad idea for spraying the trigger area. Then spray CLP break free aftwords. Or should I just douse it with a aerosol lube, like CLP aerosol and try to flush anything out.

Just wonder, because I have previously used cotton swabs for hours just trying to clean as much as I can reach. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
I personally think it's a bad idea because of the chlorinated property of powder blast and gunscrubber (both are basically the same). The chlorinated cleaners will immediately take the paint off your safety/fire selector if it sits for any length of time. I'd opt for non chlorinated brake or carb cleaner. Works just as well w/o the paints stripping properties.

You could always just squirt the whole thing down with Mpro and let it sit for awhile, then scrub and clean, cuts down on time. Oh, pipe cleaners work well too. I think Big Bore turned me onto that one.

M

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you just trying to get into all the nooks and crannies to clean? Try those cans of compressed air, they work quite well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know this is an old thread -- but I'm a rookie here. Just got an HK P30 and picked up some Powder Blast. Worked amazing on the metal slide, used just a small bit on the inside of the polymer frame... then I noticed that the run-off melted my plastic catch-bowl (after 20 min).

I called Break Free directly today and one of the engineers said they do NOT recommend Powder Blast on the polymer. One time won't hurt it, but it should not be used frequently.

Others her may not have had any issues, but I just wanted to let you know what I heard.

take care,
-Chris

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I know this is an old thread
Sure is... SH*tcan the Power Blast and get some CRC Brake Cleaner, works better and much cheaper... buy it by the case, cheaper yet.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts