HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just bought a PTR 91 FR and I would like some tips on how to break it in and maybe some advice on accessorizing it.

I already know that I need more magazines.

I would like to set it up mostly for casual shooting but also capable of running 3 gun.

I am planning on mounting a foregrip, a 3 point sling, a small light(yeah, it will also be a HD gun), and a good Optic.

Eventually I would also like to buy a selection of stocks to mount and some other furniture.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I actually did the recommended PTR break in on my two PTR rifles. I do this on all my better rifles. Prior to my first outing, I seriously cleaned the new barrels. Then, a FEW strokes of J.B. bore shine. 30 strokes using a felt .30 cal polishing pellet to lightly polish the new barrels and remove any imperfections. I used Butches bore shine between break in shots. One of my rifles shoots a little over 1 moa. The other around 2 moa. Each now has over 500 rounds through them. I cant be sure the break in aided in accuracy, however neither rifle builds up copper AT ALL. Yes the break in is time consuming, but I'm saving LOTS of time not having an adventure cleaning my barrels now..

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I didn't do any of that. I fired 50 rds on my 1st outing, then cleaned the gun. Have done that for over 10 years. The gun still works as new, & the barrel still looks new. GARY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts