HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone:

For those such as myself who are life-long fans of the H&K USP and USP Compact platforms (to also include the Expert, Elite and Tactical models) and want to mount a Surefire light, and who were beyond aggravated and frustrated at Surefire's decision to discontinue the MR-09 and MR-08 rail adapter mounts effective November 2015, please note that GG&G has just released a re-design of their H&K USP and USP Compact rail adapters in a MIL-STD-1913 configuration (same listed configuration as on H&K P30/P30L and VP9/40 platforms).

https://www.gggaz.com/hk-usp-picatinny-rail-flashlight-mounts.html

This revised version should indeed work with Surefire lights. The original version would allow a Surefire light to fit on the rail, but it would not lock into place (it would and does work correctly with Streamlight lights as advertised).

This is outstanding news for all fans of the H&K USP, USP Compact, and related models!!!! I had said earlier that the discontinuation of the Surefire MR-09 and MR-08 rail adapter mounts dealt a very significant blow to this otherwise excellent platform, and now it appears another viable option has finally materialized.

Cheers!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cool. Some day I will get a P30L and or/P2000 but I just can't move past the USP no matter what people say about it being "outdated".

It's been my favorite auto pistol platform my entire adult life. I'm always afraid that with things being discontinued maybe they will be next.

The VP9 sure has been a hit, even moreso than the P30 I'd say. I hope the USP sales stay strong.

Seeing the adapters continue on is a good sign.

·
Registered
332 Posts
just got done shooting 200 rds through my USPc 45 and USP 45 tactical , shot 200 rds of 9mm through my W. German sig p226, p99 AS and ppq . 7-15 yds USPc ripped em up . 15-30 yds 45 tac was dead nuts . i will say my W. German sig p226 9mm can hang 15-30 . USP outdated my A$$ ! these weapons are some of the most reliable firearms ever produced . thanks for the lead OP, ill probably pick one up for my other USPc .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Picked up both of the new GG&G adapters, haven't tried it with the full size yet, but the compact version works perfectly on the USPc 45 with the Viridian X5L using both screws to fix the position flush with the trigger guard. Don't know why it took GG&G so long to do this, glad they finally did.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Picked up both of the new GG&G adapters, haven't tried it with the full size yet, but the compact version works perfectly on the USPc 45 with the Viridian X5L using both screws to fix the position flush with the trigger guard. Don't know why it took GG&G so long to do this, glad they finally did.
Can you please post some pictures of the adapter mounted on your USP Compact .45? Thanks kneedeep!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wish I'd known about this a month and a half ago. I purchased a GG&G adapter in part because the packaging said it was "Manufactured to MIL-STD-1913 specifications," but my TLR-2G didn't fit. I contacted GG&G (nice folks, BTW) and was told that that wasn't correct, but it was something they put on the generic header cards they use on all their products (?????so it's advertised as 1913 but they know it really isn't?????). No mention of the upcoming "new 1913-spec" adaptor.

Anyway, I took a fine file with a safe side to the groove used by the TLR and gradually widened it until the TLR was a snug fit. It will be nice to have a "no fitting" option in the future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sadly they didn't exist a month and a half ago. They ran a sale on the old adapters (which I bought one each of) a little while before announcing the new model. Not sure what to do with the old ones. Thinking maybe using them as the basis for some custom match weights.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They ran a sale on the old adapters (which I bought one each of) a little while before announcing the new model. Not sure what to do with the old ones.
Kneedeep - I am in the same boat as you are. I purchased several of the old ones last year in the fear that they too would be discontinued along with the Surefire models.

Could you please at your convenience (no rush) post a picture of your USP fullsize with just the adapter on?

Also, can you please confirm that the only difference between the old version and the new version is the revised bottom plate? Perhaps they would just sell the bottom plate (most likely not, but it never hurts to ask.) Otherwise I have about 6-7 of the old ones which I would look to unload in a trade or at a firesale price.

Even if I take a loss on the old ones, I must confess I am still beyond thrilled that they came out with this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
BREAKING NEWS - GG&G releases HK USP/USP compact MIL-STD-1913 rail adapter

Lossiter- sorry can't easily get a picture on a full size frame for now as the one this adapter was purchased for is configured for something else right now.

The revised bottom plate seems to be the only difference. If I swap the side plates, they still line up perfectly when placed frame side to frame side.

Correct sides.

Swapped sides.

The front edge of the first slot starts at the same place as the one slot on the old adapter, but the slots on the new adapter are wider, so the aft edge of the first slot is further back than on the single slot of the old adapter.

The frame sides of the bottom plates are milled out differently. Also the leading edge no longer has the double bevel and rounded corners.

In any case, it looks like the new adapter should fit on exactly the same as the old one, but allow a light using the first slot to seat a bit further back.

Hope the pics are helpful.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Now if they (or anyone else in other than HKparts) could do this for the Mark 23...
Too late for me, but $130 for a rail adapter that doesn't seem to have much attention paid to the details hurts. And I've seen at least one review that says it doesn't even fit all lights because they left NO room between the pic rail and the giant block that covers the Mark 23 rail.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This has made me very happy! I hope to own a USP9 again before the end of the year and it has a Surefire X300 Ultra with its name written all over it!

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts
Pretty cool of GG&G to step up and fill a void where Surefire left. The Surefire rail adapter design was the best every released for the USP. The quality looks close, but I can tell the surefire is a little nicer. Glad I got one Surefire full size. Will likely pickup a Compact from GG&G.

Save the frame color and sights (I'm a level of jealous I can't quantify with words), that's exactly what I'm shooting for with my USP 9 SD project.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Extraordinarily helpful - thank you kind sir!!!

I will buy several. :biggrin:
You're very welcome. Glad they were useful.

If only I had more time to tinker, I think it'd be fun to repurpose the old adapters.

I really wish someone would do a new Mk23 adapter, as has been mentioned, that pays attention to details like matching the trigger guard profile side to side.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Now if they (or anyone else in other than HKparts) could do this for the Mark 23...
Too late for me, but $130 for a rail adapter that doesn't seem to have much attention paid to the details hurts. And I've seen at least one review that says it doesn't even fit all lights because they left NO room between the pic rail and the giant block that covers the Mark 23 rail.
I wrote to GG&G when I saw the original post, and got a reply yesterday. No plans to make these for the MARK 23. sigh. :frown:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts