HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 1885 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I guess all those crazy prices on the sp89, hk94, and those dealers that are still trying to price gouge at $3500 on the old sp5k will be going away haha.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I guess all those crazy prices on the sp89, hk94, and those dealers that are still trying to price gouge at $3500 on the old sp5k will be going away haha.
Let’s hope! They should go away at least temporarily. I think HK will release a limited batch just like they did with the SP5Ks.

I would like to see an SP5K with a paddle mag release and tri-lug but I won’t hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Let’s hope! They should go away at least temporarily. I think HK will release a limited batch just like they did with the SP5Ks.

I would like to see an SP5K with a paddle mag release and tri-lug but I won’t hold my breath.
from what ive read here, the sp5k is getting the same upgrades you mentioned. might be some time before we see them. Sucks for others and myself who have the original sp5k without those upgrades but its not a big deal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
from what ive read here, the sp5k is getting the same upgrades you mentioned. might be some time before we see them. Sucks for others and myself who have the original sp5k without those upgrades but its not a big deal.
That would be great! Even though I already have an MP5 clone I would have to buy one full sized and one K. Lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Found a helpful dealer who contacted the HK Rep who confirmed that it is true but there “are very few in the country”.

For what it is worth, seems like CS has changed their tune a bit. I had also emailed them.

Will,

Unfortunately, we cannot speak on products that may or may not be in development. I would recommend that you go to our website and click on the products tab to see our current products we have released to the US market.

Thank you

Customer Service Team
706-568-1906 EXT 6551

E-Mail: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:41 PM
To: Customer Service <[email protected]>
Subject: SKU for new SP5

Could you please the SKU for the new SP5 and SP5K with the three lug and threaded barrel? I would like to get my dealer to go ahead and place an order.

Thanks
Will

·
Premium Member
276 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
SP5Ks just became less valuable. Most of the people who buy them (at least here) can't change the barrel fast enough.

I suspect there will be at least a few people selling old SP5Ks to get new SP5Ks, and even some selling their swiss barreled guns to get german barreled guns.

·
Registered
256 Posts
SP5Ks just became less valuable. Most of the people who buy them (at least here) can't change the barrel fast enough.

I suspect there will be at least a few people selling old SP5Ks to get new SP5Ks, and even some selling their swiss barreled guns to get german barreled guns.
Agreed. Spot on.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Those Swiss barrels are not going to be looked at as much better than the RCM or Urbach barrels. All the "B&T makes OEM parts for H&K" is nonsense, stocks and branded silencers aren't barrels.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Those Swiss barrels are not going to be looked at as much better than the RCM or Urbach barrels. All the "B&T makes OEM parts for H&K" is nonsense, stocks and branded silencers aren't barrels.
Well, theres something to be said about swiss quality though...

·
Registered
698 Posts

Disagree to an extent- it remains a factory German MP5-style gun, which in of itself is harder to find. Most desirable if updated version released? No. Desirable? Yes.

Now the question remains of whether to hedge my bets by selling my 17' SP5k in hopes of snagging a new one or to just keep it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Disagree to an extent- it remains a factory German MP5-style gun, which in of itself is harder to find. Most desirable if updated version released? No. Desirable? Yes.

Now the question remains of whether to hedge my bets by selling my 17' SP5k in hopes of snagging a new one or to just keep it.
Still valuable but probably less valuable. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.
These guns haven’t hit stores yet, who knows if/when they will? And with the current political climate who knows for how long they will be sold?

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Can someone explain to me the advantage(s) to an SP5K versus an SP89 and vice versa?

I plan on sending some serious coin on rollerlocked HKs in 2020 and I want to know as much as I can beforehand.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Can someone explain to me the advantage(s) to an SP5K versus an SP89 and vice versa?

I plan on sending some serious coin on rollerlocked HKs in 2020 and I want to know as much as I can beforehand.
SP89 is preban, so its still legal in some states where an SP5K wouldn't be. Also SP89 doesnt have a nub in the receiver to prevent the use of a standard MP5K FA carrier.

SP5K is cheaper. The shelf is slightly smaller I think, and its easily upgraded with a paddle release, although a paddle mag release is possible for the SP89 as well. SP5K also uses an "F" style bolt head. and a different locking piece I think.

one came in styrofoam the other came in a fancy hardcase.

221 - 240 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.