HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
781 - 800 of 1885 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just sold my LNIB SP5K for $2700 last week to get an SP5 (I was mildly but pleasantly surprised as I paid about $1850 NIB a year or so ago). But no way am I paying above $2300-2400 for the newest offering...that's just silly.

Besides, if push comes to shove, HK94s like this pretty example are coming down so fast I'll prob be able to pick one up for SP5 prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847359782

·
Banned
848 Posts
I would bet it will have the same semi- auto carrier design as the SP5k has of course full size but probably has the flat on top.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,422 Posts
I would bet it will have the same semi- auto carrier design as the SP5k has of course full size but probably has the flat on top.
It doesn’t. No flat top. Here are the previously posted pics of the bcg and the carrier block.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just sold my LNIB SP5K for $2700 last week to get an SP5 (I was mildly but pleasantly surprised as I paid about $1850 NIB a year or so ago). But no way am I paying above $2300-2400 for the newest offering...that's just silly.

Besides, if push comes to shove, HK94s like this pretty example are coming down so fast I'll prob be able to pick one up for SP5 prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847359782
No way that rifle stays that cheap. It has 6 days left on the auction block.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,422 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have to wonder what clones prices are going to look like by this time next year.

I would imagine that the pricing for the SP-5 will stabilize at around $2150-$2350 (if they are released in qty.) which makes the $1700-$1900 Zenith look not quite as attractive as before.

E

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just placed a deposit at my HK dealer.... they are only getting in 2 and one of them is going to me. Super excited. They said deliverynin 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
It has nothing to do with HK or supply. It has to do with the election coming up. The 6 or so months leading up to the election most likely. Stuff can get very thick very fast. People panic. If you thought it was bad last election that's nothing.

Democrats have learned their lesson and are out for blood this time. You're going to hear a lot of anti gun stuff leading up to election that could cause prices to skyrocket. Get everything you want before April imo

I want to be optimistic all the way but on the other hand I also know what time it is.

It's like some people forget it's 2020
I’ve seen many people expressing this ‘hurry before the election’ opinion. But based on what you wrote above, what makes you think the next ban, if it happens, will grandfather your existing toys?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’ve seen many people expressing this ‘hurry before the election’ opinion. But based on what you wrote above, what makes you think the next ban, if it happens, will grandfather your existing toys?
If many people are like me, what is mine will stay mine. If it’s banned before I have a chance to buy it, that makes it much more difficult or impossible.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Because the written text of the proposed 2019 assault weapon's ban grandfathers guns, but not magazines. Pre-ban guns will still be allowed to be transferred, and sold. Pre-ban magazines can be possessed, but not transferred.

Just how that affects the dynamics of the value on the guns once high-capacity magazines can't be obtained is anyone's guess. I suspect that the prices will not see the same increases that we say in the post-94 ban years.
The value of things during the panic before the ban, however, will go up dramatically.

781 - 800 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.