HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
821 - 840 of 1885 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
4,800 Posts
One of the gb ones is at 3900 anyone on here? If so what you snorting lol
I saw that. Talk about impatience. I can see spending a few hundred more to get one now but nearly twice the price? People done lost they minds.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
One of the gb ones is at 3900 anyone on here? If so what you snorting lol
Probably just doing the cost/benefit analysis. $3900 or so is a good price on an SP89. Better to pay that and have it now, than pay that - or more - in 5 years. :)
As they say, the heart wants what it wants. On the other hand, there is always the FOMO factor.

In any case, with 500 or so per batch (if those numbers are correct), its going to be awhile before these get down to the $2000 level or so. It may well happen, if HK is prepared to pump them out in enough numbers and saturate the market for the next 6 months.

·
Registered
594 Posts
There will be a couple lucky here and there in places like bum**** Montana getting one for $2400 from their buddy who owns a gun shop in a one horse town but aside from a few outliers you're insane if you think these will go below $2700+ anytime in 2020.

it's going to take HK a long time to catch up with 25+ years of demand / desire

Again, bless the souls of those who wait and think these will be "cheaper" around the months leading up to election

·
Registered
125 Posts
With sales tax and a CC fee and paying list, mine on order is at just over $3k. Thought I was ripped off, but nice to know I could at least get out of it for what I paid (for now).

There was one listed at $2,999 and sold via buy it now on gunbroker. Above MSRP, but would have been the same for me by not having to pay the sales tax.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
There is a serial number one on Gunbroker currently at 474 so will see if any over 500 show up now.

·
Registered
981 Posts
This fear mongering is bullsh*t. Similar thing happened in 15 or 16' with the SP5K. Wait a bit. Unless you need one under the xmas tree.
I remember some people were able to buy the SP5K for $1950 - $2150 when they first came out. I don't recall the inflated prices that I'm seeing now, if memory serves right the average price was $2400 and when they dried up some sold theirs for $3500.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There will be a couple lucky here and there in places like bum**** Montana getting one for $2400 from their buddy who owns a gun shop in a one horse town but aside from a few outliers you're insane if you think these will go below $2700+ anytime in 2020.

it's going to take HK a long time to catch up with 25+ years of demand / desire

Again, bless the souls of those who wait and think these will be "cheaper" around the months leading up to election
These guys are selling for $2500:

https://www.springgunsandammo.com/locations/the-woodlands/

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yeah? I just turned one down for 2699. Isn't that under 2700?
I'm more or less talking the final, big number

Youre neglecting to mention the hundreds in taxes and fees. With the internet being so prominent with purchases it's best to just say the final number. Far less confusion.

I know people who bought online for $2900. They aren't paying state taxes and fees and whatnot

Your "2700" is really $ 2900++

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I tend to think you're right. I scored mine for $2300 (granted, I don't have it yet -- so that is a different story), but through readily available channels MSRP+ seems to be the reality for the forseeable future.

Yeah? I just turned one down for 2699. Isn't that under 2700?
It is. You may be smart enough to do arithmetic, but not wise enough to refrain from looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'd scoop one for $2700 out the door, taking it home immediately. If the $2300 order pans out this month, that's great -- happy to have two. If not? I got mine.

I really have a hard time understanding people that get into a game like HKs and worry about scoring a 10% or so discount. Do you folks actually SHOOT? I'd be in for triple, or more, on those savings just through my first few outings with the dang thing. Not trying to be ****ish, or a snob .. but hell. My ammo costs out-weight my gun costs on the regular. And all that money is literally up in smoke.

I'm like :71::28::59::37::25::13: and when I need to come up with a bit of bread for a new gun, I just cool it down, slap the .22LR conversion in the HK91 and go :32: for a bit.

Reactions: Spitfyr

·
Registered
172 Posts
None in stock and they won't ship out of state. You have to pick them up in the store. They are making a waiting list if you're local.
Lol, I guess it depends on who you talk to. The guy said they were accepting orders and didn't know why they wouldn't ship out-of-state. I'm going to be patient and see if I can find locally. I never really wanted one until this one came out of the blue. I could never bring myself to get a POF, Zenith, etc. I think things will calm down and prices will level out. If they don't, I'm in exactly the same spot as a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I'm hoping I get mine. My dealer that took payment for one said he was getting 5. I asked about it yesterday and he said he was waiting on shipping confirmation. Fingers crossed that everything works out, but it is making me nervous that a lot of dealers already got theirs.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Youre neglecting to mention the hundreds in taxes and fees. With the internet being so prominent with purchases it's best to just say the final number. Far less confusion.

I know people who bought online for $2900. They aren't paying state taxes and fees and whatnot

Your "2700" is really $ 2900++

I passed on one for 100 under MSRP plus tax. I would have bought it but the tax just killed the deal. Wait and see what the future holds.

Uh yeah I forgot to mention the tax. Buy one on the net you got shipping and transfer fee. Might want to mention that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It is. You may be smart enough to do arithmetic, but not wise enough to refrain from looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'd scoop one for $2700 out the door, taking it home immediately. If the $2300 order pans out this month, that's great -- happy to have two. If not? I got mine.
I too would buy one for 2700 OTD. I don't think $2699 plus $216 tax a gift horse. You may have more money than sense but I am not in that boat. I'll wait for a better deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought one off gunbroker and glad I did. I paid a little over $2900 and I'm fine with that. What's a few hundred extra dollars to guarantee I have the gun I want? I looked at clones, etc but am excited to have an actual HK that has all the features close to an actual MP5. Who knows with the market the way it is if these will be available in mass quantity in the future. If there are tons available in the future for $2300-$2400 that won't bother me but something tells me these will be hard to find in the future and that extra $300 I spent to guarantee one will be money well spent. If I'm wrong that extra $300 was still well spent for a 50th birthday present to myself. :)

I'm going to pick it up Friday and shoot the crap out of it and enjoy every minute of it. :) For better, or worse, glad to be part of the HK family. ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Heck they’re approaching $4k on GB on some auctions. I’m shocked. I grabbed mine for $2499 plus tax this past weekend and absolutely no regrets.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Heck they’re approaching $4k on GB on some auctions. I’m shocked. I grabbed mine for $2499 plus tax this past weekend and absolutely no regrets.
I'm not shocked at all. That is why I went nuts calling vendors while folks here were still calling BS, thinking it was a rumor. As soon as I saw Marine0303 say its happening, I picked up the phone.
Took a bit, but I found a place who knew the word on the street, and plunked down $2300. I've been told to expect a call and info by the 15th. We'll see.

In the meantime, if I can scoop up another at around MSRP, I'd do it. If I don't get the one I ordered by the 31st, I cancel payment and hit Gunbroker with a vengence.

And while all this nonsense is going on, I'm in the process of building a PSG1 clone.

Has anyone figured out what the HK methadone is? I probably need it.

821 - 840 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.