HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
841 - 860 of 1,885 Posts
Unable to ship out of state

Lol, I guess it depends on who you talk to. The guy said they were accepting orders and didn't know why they wouldn't ship out-of-state. I'm going to be patient and see if I can find locally. I never really wanted one until this one came out of the blue. I could never bring myself to get a POF, Zenith, etc. I think things will calm down and prices will level out. If they don't, I'm in exactly the same spot as a couple of days ago.

The lady I talked to said it was because of legal issues. Dunno.

Ultimately this sucks for everyone trying to buy one, as it artificially inflates demand because these individuals would rather buy their way out of making a few phone calls (okay, maybe a few dozen phone calls).

(I put $500 down at my local H&K dealer and they are still working out the pricing... I'm hoping they are not looking at these crazy auctions).

I too would buy one for 2700 OTD. I don't think $2699 plus $216 tax a gift horse. You may have more money than sense but I am not in that boat. I'll wait for a better deal.
Fair enough, look for the price you're comfortable with, for sure -- my point was only that the consumable costs with guns outweigh the upfront costs by quite a bit over the lifetime of the gun.

If you're looking for one to keep NIB and flip for profit, or a wall hanger -- I get it.

If you're looking for one to keep NIB and flip for profit, or a wall hanger -- I get it.
I know what you are trying to get at but no when I get an SP5 it will get shot. Wait until You retire you will see you won't be as spendy and look for better deals. I've got another Dealer getting some next week waiting to see what he wants for one. Done business with him before.

I put my name on a waiting list at my LGS. They aren’t a stocking HK dealer because HK requires them to buy $25K worth of product, so have to wait until it gets out to distributors. If I have to wait a few months, I’m fine with that.

They aren’t a stocking HK dealer because HK requires them to buy $25K worth of product
Tell them to put in an order for 10 SP5’s instead of 1 then. If I was an FFL I’d be mortgaging my house to get these in. Sell half on GB to all the FOMO’s and the other half at cost to all my hkpro friends (cause I’m not a huge D). Win Win Win.

Was checking more of the Gunbroker auctions and all of the current high bidders are all low feedback guys. Hmm..
If you noticed, the same low feedback guys are winning multiple auctions. Looks like the same few people bumping them up. Cracks me up that people are willing to pay so much just to have it first. I've never understood that.

I know what you are trying to get at but no when I get an SP5 it will get shot. Wait until You retire you will see you won't be as spendy and look for better deals. I've got another Dealer getting some next week waiting to see what he wants for one. Done business with him before.
Retirement? What's that? Lol. I'm fully planning on working until I'm dead. Maybe not full-time, but I really can't foresee a day that I don't want to work.. mostly because I make money on activities that I would otherwise pursue as a hobby regardless. My "retirement" at best would be to switch into 06FFL/SOT work of some kind, once I'm too old to keep up with the kids at new-fangled computer programming. Even then, there is usually loads of work for old-timers on legacy systems that government and big business can't just turn off/replace.

But hey, pursue your hobby the way you like, man. I shopped, and shopped -- looking for a deal on my SP5k, so I get it. But that was after it had been out for awhile. To me, the SP5 is a whole other animal.

Tell them to put in an order for 10 SP5’s instead of 1 then. If I was an FFL I’d be mortgaging my house to get these in. Sell half on GB to all the FOMO’s and the other half at cost to all my hkpro friends (cause I’m not a huge D). Win Win Win.
Given that I’m the first, and only one, on the list, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t sell 10 of them. I don’t think they’d even sell 5. Just that kind of gun crowd around here. Besides, by the time they got them in, the GB overbidding will likely be over.

This fear mongering is bullsh*t. Similar thing happened in 15 or 16' with the SP5K. Wait a bit. Unless you need one under the xmas tree.
This. I learned my lesson then, watched in disbelief as guys picked them up for well under $2Gs not long after the initial "OMG I gotta get one now" that I got swept up into.

If you noticed, the same low feedback guys are winning multiple auctions. Looks like the same few people bumping them up. Cracks me up that people are willing to pay so much just to have it first. I've never understood that.
Could be troll bids to either raise the price or end up being a non paying bidder. When I’ve sold things always have problems with people with low feedback

I think it's the same type of mentality for those that need to have the next gen iphone/android phone and wait in line for hours/days.

What do you guys think the chances are of getting factory SBR SP5's. Called HK and they said there are no plans as of now, but you know how that is. Even if they were planning it they probably wouldn't talk about it until an official announcement. So what do you guys that are "in the know" think about this possibility.

What do you guys think the chances are of getting factory SBR SP5's. Called HK and they said there are no plans as of now, but you know how that is. Even if they were planning it they probably wouldn't talk about it until an official announcement. So what do you guys that are "in the know" think about this possibility.
Tag for interest. Would like to see it happen but I don't think it's likely. Intend to form 1 the SP5 I get. Of course the easiest way is to just install a brace and be done with it. I just don't care for the braces. I do think there will be an SD in the future.

841 - 860 of 1,885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.