HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
861 - 880 of 1,885 Posts
What do you guys think the chances are of getting factory SBR SP5's. Called HK and they said there are no plans as of now, but you know how that is. Even if they were planning it they probably wouldn't talk about it until an official announcement. So what do you guys that are "in the know" think about this possibility.
With the speed of eform 1's I don't see an appetite. Both with customers who don't want to wait and dealers who wouldn't want the product sitting.

Factory SBRs are always "more valuable" until you have to sell them on a form 4 and compete with braced pistols waiting to be form 1'd.

Reactions: Tuvia
Tag for interest. Would like to see it happen but I don't think it's likely. Intend to form 1 the SP5 I get. Of course the easiest way is to just install a brace and be done with it. I just don't care for the braces. I do think there will be an SD in the future.
I think the chances are slim as well, but we can still hope. I agree on the braces too. They're okay, but I think a stock is well worth the price of the stamp. Especially with MP5 style firearms. I actually asked about the SD version as well. They wouldn't comment on whether it would be available or not.

I knew that was the answer I would get, and totally understand why they have to say that. But I was hoping that I was talking to someone that knew it was coming and just couldn't contain their excitement any longer haha.

With the speed of eform 1's I don't see an appetite. Both with customers who don't want to wait and dealers who wouldn't want the product sitting.

Factory SBRs are always "more valuable" until you have to sell them on a form 4 and compete with braced pistols waiting to be form 1'd.
Good point. I guess I would rather not have my name, city, and state on the gun for aesthetic reasons. But the speed of approved form 1's over form 4's is a major plus. I've been hearing of crazy short times like less than 3 months.

What do you guys think the chances are of getting factory SBR SP5's. Called HK and they said there are no plans as of now, but you know how that is. Even if they were planning it they probably wouldn't talk about it until an official announcement. So what do you guys that are "in the know" think about this possibility.
I think it's as much of a chance as a new SP5K release. I called HK and went through the same thing. He denied a potential release of the K but I would guess he couldn't say anything. So regarding the SBR, my guess is to keep checking the thread for any info and ask the local dealers ever once in a while

What's going to make the determination that these SP5's can be utilized as a sear host? A letter to ATF? An NFA attorney giving opinion? A machine shop acknowledging they will do the work?

Also, I'm trying to locate a SP5K in new condition for sub $3k if anyone knows where one is at.

What's going to make the determination that these SP5's can be utilized as a sear host? A letter to ATF? An NFA attorney giving opinion? A machine shop acknowledging they will do the work?

Also, I'm trying to locate a SP5K in new condition for sub $3k if anyone knows where one is at.
This one is in like new condition.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847542497

I ordered one from Brownells during the Black Friday sale. They seemed to have more than anyone else during the intitial sp5k launch. I was told they should be able to fill my order mid January. $2287.01 + tax.
How did you find out they'd fill the order by mid Jan? I called CS today and was told something to the effect of "We don't know when pre-orders or back-orders will come in, for any item."

Glad I got my order in on 12/3.

861 - 880 of 1,885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.