Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 1885 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
I
This is excellent news to be sure.

Can it honestly go from "first leaked news" to "available" by Christmas?

My heart says yes, but my brain says Fall 2020.
Ya that’s a quick turn around. Not that it couldn’t happen.
But this seems too good to be true. Everything is just too perfect.

1. Full size civi MP5 - seems too good to be true
2. Available in 1 1/2 months after the initial leak? - way too good to be true
3. Factory paddle mag and navy barrel - WAY WAY WAY too good to be true

Now any other gun company I wouldn’t be too skeptical.
But being an H&K fan is like being an abused spouse. I keep hoping they will be better and I keep getting let down. But I keep coming back for more :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
I’m excited for this release. I wonder how the companies like Dakota Tactical, TPM Outfitters, Brethern Arms, etc are going to be impacted. I hope that in the big picture it doesn’t cannabalize their business in a negative way.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I

Ya that’s a quick turn around. Not that it couldn’t happen.
But this seems too good to be true. Everything is just too perfect.

1. Full size civi MP5 - seems too good to be true
2. Available in 1 1/2 months after the initial leak? - way too good to be true
3. Factory paddle mag and navy barrel - WAY WAY WAY too good to be true

But being an H&K fan is like being an abused spouse. I keep hoping they will be better and I keep getting let down. But I keep coming back for more :)

LMAO!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Ain't that the truth!!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Bet it'll drive those prices and demand down in a hurry. "Cheap" clones will be fine...the poor's gotta get their rollerlock on too.

I want this to be true (SP5 is my #2 on the wish list: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/496274-if-you-could-have-h-k-make-any-handgun-what-would-10.html#post3569724), but I have strong doubts.

Those pics of the various SP5's are highly suspect...

Why are they all of a sudden doing threaded, lugged barrels with paddle mag releases? Even the 94 clone?
Why are they all of a sudden going whole hog and doing all those variants?
Why are they all of a sudden going to do long-barrel "pistol" imports?
Why are they all of a sudden doing suppressed commercial guns?

This isn't very HK at all...a leopard don't change it's spots.
That suppressed variant was approved by the Federal Police years ago (I think 2013) at the same time as the original SP5K. I doubt H&K is planning on selling it.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I’m excited for this release. I wonder how the companies like Dakota Tactical, TPM Outfitters, Brethern Arms, etc are going to be impacted. I hope that in the big picture it doesn’t cannabalize their business in a negative way.
The quality builders like Dakota will be impacted, but they will just need to adapt to continue to be successful. They won't likely be able to compete, price-wise, with HK on a 9mm MP5. But they can do .40/10mm builds, or 5.56 pistols, etc. There is lots of roller-locked goodness that we have no HK-provided solutions for, and quality clone makers will continue to have a market.

That said, there is a personal reality that plays into this. I was going to pick up a full-size MP5 build from Dakota sometime in early-to-mid 2020. That was on my short-list of acquisitions, but I'll be waiting to see what develops with the HK-branded offering now.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Some will close, others will have to shift from building to retailing and gunsmith work. That market has already been squeezed by the higher quality low priced clones that are available as well as the SP5K. If you look at what Dakota has done in the past couple years it’s clear they are responding to a more competitive “High end clone” market. Selling B&T guns, doing more gunsmith work, and coming out with the “Core Classic” line of lower priced H&K clones. The market has changed since they started, back then it was a Bailey gun or a pre-ban H&K.

BTW, I think Brethern is already out of business.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Even if they do produce it, they won't produce it regularly. Availability will be sporadic, and they'll still be expensive, so clone builders will survive (especially if HK doesn't make enough).

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just laughed…..out loud!

But being an H&K fan is like being an abused spouse. I keep hoping they will be better and I keep getting let down. But I keep coming back for more :)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Wayne Weber, former Pres of HK, said three years ago HK was coming out with the SP5k with a PDW barrel (in a year). Even if this is all true, if HK does any more than the receiver tit that’s in the SP5k, I call “fail.”

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,415 Posts
Maybe this wouldn’t be so hard to believe if HK built that factory back in 2005 instead of squandering it on mansions and yachts. HK finally built a US factory with expanded manufacturing capabilities and they’ve been open for 2 years now. Jim Schatz saw this coming a long time ago guys. It’s just been a matter of time.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
My only hope with this, and truly I hope it is so, is that HK may finally be catering to the American civilian market. And if this is true, MERRY [email protected]$&ING CHRISTMAS HKPro! We are gonna spend some serious coin on stuff we have wanted for years. And this could, just possibly, be the tip of the proverbial ice berg. Please Santa, make it so!!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TooSixy
81 - 100 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.