HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 1885 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hope to see these! I do not understand why HK hasn’t produced these by now given their financial issues. If the SP5K made it’s way through German and American law and the clone market has attempted to answer the demand.... What am I missing?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hope to see these! I do not understand why HK hasn’t produced these by now given their financial issues. If the SP5K made it’s way through German and American law and the clone market has attempted to answer the demand.... What am I missing?
I didnt think that Germany allowed them to import or sell them with a paddle magazine release or a 3 lug barrel.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I'm just glad I didn't spend the money on an over priced HK94, obviously we've all been really good this year.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well I feel a little bit bad for calling bull**** on this news on a different forum now. But still, how many rumored, or even outright announced and displayed at SHOT, guns have failed to actually show up in YEARS?

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Which is why I'm not holding my breath.
They could be installing the paddle mag release at the Georgia plant....... I’m not holding my breath, but it is possible

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
why not? all the clone makers sell them like that (zenith, POF, PTR etc)
I guess the idea is that German regulatory law would some how prevent that. I doubt it.

I don't see how or why German regulations would allow HK to produce the MR556, and various "tactical" pistols all with threaded barrels, but would not let a 3-lug adapter go.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
SP5 and SP5K samples with 3 lug threaded barrels, and paddle mag releases were submitted to the German Federal Police. As long as they approved them, then they’ll be able to sell them as submitted for approval.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Y’all know a lot more about this than me, but as a casual observer this doesn’t surprise me. HK’s financial troubles and debt load are well known. Sounds like there has just been some change of ownership or at least control at the Company. If this happens, I think these are the two reasons why it is happening now and didn’t happen in the past.
The business case, which has been true for some time, is that MP5 sales to law enforcement/military buyers are waning as they move away from the MP5. The R&D costs to develop these civilian versions is practically nothing and the infrastructure to produce them is already there and underutilized unlike the 416 and 417 where they are seemingly flush with military contracts. Also, FN has provided a great example for them with producing civy versions of the SCAR and 240. Finally, the demand is there as evidenced by all the clones in the market.
Interesting to say the least and exciting if it happens.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
SP5 and SP5K samples with 3 lug threaded barrels, and paddle mag releases were submitted to the German Federal Police. As long as they approved them, then they’ll be able to sell them as submitted for approval.
so why did they wait until now to do that, is the real question here.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,437 Posts
About 3 years ago some guy (US based, I believe) with very deep pockets stepped in and that $30m allocation to expand the GA plant in 2017 is part of the reason why stuff like this is happening. Also it takes time and funds to launch new product types, like the SP5. Let's not over look that HK had a 1-2 year back log on guns and parts with strong demand from the US. It's why we still see the 10 year old MR556A1 instead of the A3/A5.

Also, the MP5 isn't cutting edge gun tech anymore, unlike the MP7 that was design around an armor piercing round. It's a 50 plus year old designed. Could the German government see things differently after all this time? Who knows for sure.

BUT, let me add that my guess is that they are exporting receivers without barrels. It's not difficult to finish a mostly done receiver and just press in a barrel that is US made or Swiss made.

Last observation, you guys (in general not directed at anyone in particular) love to complaint about HK not loving you... they are loving you now! The past doesn't matter. It's the 1980's all over again. Don't wait for the next gun control ban to come along like 1989 where HK lost their shirt tying to import HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, and HK-PSG-1 for you.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I got mine on order with my HK dealer.

While it is too good to be true, it's 100% and happening. I've seen the confirmation right from HK USA to my dealer. They are limited allocations to each dealer. Don't sleep on this!!!

Sharing is caring.

Who is your HK dealer?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Also, the MP5 isn't cutting edge gun tech anymore, unlike the MP7 that was design around an armor piercing round. It's a 50 plus year old designed. Could the German government see things differently after all this time? Who knows for sure.

Last observation, you guys (in general not directed at anyone in particular) love to complaint about HK not loving you... they are loving you now!
If we want to get technical...the innards of the MP7 are more or less from 1942 and it fires a far less lethal round.

And I don't think most are complaining...just nothing solid to show that it is legit. HK press release or something tangible.

101 - 120 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.