HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1341 - 1360 of 1885 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is this thread An irony, a paradox or an enigma?

We went from total exuberance of yes the SP5 is really coming. To those ##@[email protected] HK guys screwed us again it's junk no bananas. To $3600 Gunbroker deals because we want that junk so bad. This thread is like a manic depressive. Incredible emotional highs, to incredible emotional lows and back to incredible emotional highs. Ending up in short inventory depression. :)

To those at Heckler and Koch if you are watching. Few companies on earth could muster a following with such passion. Sometimes I think, that you think, I suck and you hate me...But I just don't care. Because I still love you, even though you mess with my emotions. :)
The only other company capable of this besides HK is Patek Philippe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got called today on another one below list from another LGS that is NOT gouging...paid for and picking it up soon.
Flybynt, can you ping me if you have another lead on a local sp5 near msrp? I am already on the list at Bears. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe I'm a fool, but if you put out the coin for one of these I feel there is only one option: S.B.R.
i already have an SBR’d reverse stretch clone and i’m on the fence if i want to do my sp5. it’s mostly the engraving that i’m worried about. hate to uglify my beautiful hk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just got off the phone with a Brownells CS rep. Was told preordered SP5's would be out in "late January."

Has anyone heard differently? I'm sitting in Virginia getting nervous.
I haven’t heard anything. I was hoping to hear someone get it from Brownells in this thread so I can estimate when it will come for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got off the phone with a Brownells CS rep. Was told preordered SP5's would be out in "late January."

Has anyone heard differently? I'm sitting in Virginia getting nervous.
Heard mid to late January from CS again. I haven’t heard anyone receive one from Brownells, which is odd I guess they never got any from the first batch?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Flybynt, can you ping me if you have another lead on a local sp5 near msrp? I am already on the list at Bears. Thanks
Sure I can do that, I have several more feelers out there, just PM me with your #, because they don't last when they show up.

Reactions: CharlieDeltaJuliet

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Sorry, but anyone paying over MSRP right now isn't paying attention. Prices are already dropping a good bit on these. Within 3 months I predict these will be widely available for less than MSRP.
I'll likely be too bitter by then. Beautiful firearm, I am happy for you all but just not for me I guess. Maybe I will see one at a gun show or store in the future and change my mind, but I am wasting no more time looking. I hope you all get one. I hope the gougers choke on their new found wealth. JMHO In a free market I am just as free to say no, as they are to embrace greed.

·
Registered
183 Posts

LOL. I give up for now. Its just too screwy and I think soon enough the market will cool considerably.

I have shops within an hours drive, who both told me, they do not see why they will not get a couple in come January - and they will only charge 2500 max. ( I still gotta pay sales tax)

I called a shop nearby that has one still listed in the mid 3s on GB. I inquired if they would take retail. Good grief. I wont name the shop or go into detail about the answer, but I guess they were insulted.

Chances are I will purchase several guns next year and some related equipment, but not from them. Their loss.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't see me buying anything else from Birmingham Pistol ! bought a vector 53 from them new. it had many issues and they wouldn't get involved with repair or contacting vector. offered me like $200.00 to buy it back ! found a 22 rifle they had for sale on gb for months . emailed them and made them a slightly lower offer. was told they would email me back as the offer seemed fair. never got a response. even emailed them a 2nd time. once again, went unanswered. it sad because over the years I have spent a good amount with them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't see me buying anything else from Birmingham Pistol
Yeah its a shame they have some good stuff but I won't be buying anything from them. Even one of the most expensive places around here sold the one they got for 2699. Im starting to lose interest in getting an SP5 unless it is for a really good price.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Someone just threw one up on another forum for $3500. They added a Midwest industries handguard and retractable SB brace.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Reactions: gt40doc
1341 - 1360 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.