HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1821 - 1840 of 1885 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
That’s stupid. LE agencies can order the real deal.
It doesn’t make sense to me either. My local dealer has several, but said he had more until a LE agency asked to demo them a few units... why a LE agency would want an SP5 when they could have the actual factory MP5s floating around out there, I don't understand...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't understand the LE situation, but can an LEO order the SP5 for personal use, or was that price only for an agency?

·
Registered
384 Posts
The $2160 Arms Unlim price is for a real MP5 submachine gun, only sold to Police Agencies. Obviously not avail to duty officers for their own consumption.
Generally the LEO discounts you hear about, like the $2500 SP5 mentioned previously, is avail to duty officers and not the average Joe. Its just a perk to those guys/gals of LE. I suppose the PO Agency itself could buy it but Im not sure thats where they usually buy their Dept. stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
It doesn’t make sense to me either. My local dealer has several, but said he had more until a LE agency asked to demo them a few units... why a LE agency would want an SP5 when they could have the actual factory MP5s floating around out there, I don't understand...
lots of agencies do not want the liability of full auto and only want semi and safe. The sp5 fits that bill perfectly. I have seen many a mp5 with just safe semi options

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
lots of agencies do not want the liability of full auto and only want semi and safe. The sp5 fits that bill perfectly. I have seen many a mp5 with just safe semi options
That does make sense, but couldn't they just use the FBI trigger packs in a regular MP5, I thought those were safe/semi only? Genuinely curious because I don't know.

You'd think with all the departments trading in their stocks of MP5s for AR platforms, it would be cheaper to outfit a department with used FBI MP5s than buy an expensive and in demand product like the SP5.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The $2160 Arms Unlim price is for a real MP5 submachine gun, only sold to Police Agencies. Obviously not avail to duty officers for their own consumption.
Generally the LEO discounts you hear about, like the $2500 SP5 mentioned previously, is avail to duty officers and not the average Joe. Its just a perk to those guys/gals of LE. I suppose the PO Agency itself could buy it but Im not sure thats where they usually buy their Dept. stuff.
I don't think anyone here is confusing a post-86 MG with something that's actually transferable to consumers. It still begs the question as to why the select-fire gun with an (expensive) retractable stock costs less than a semi-only version that is missing a stock and only has minor modifications to render it semi-only.

Mil/LE sales are pretty significant to companies like HK and I doubt they're working with a thin margin on each unit. It's not like they'd have to respec a bunch of parts in the gun (i.e. Steyr AUGs - stock/bolt carrier are not compatible with civ versions) to be incompatible with the select fire versions or redesign the firing system (i.e. the M249S closed bolt).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! Buds. Nope. I got their only two. That's three I've gotten from them since December though. My small human was excited. It's like he's figured out that they'll all be his when I die or something...

Your wife cool with these “investments?” If so, does she have a sister?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
How much did you pay?
What was the price on the one he sold today?
I payed a couple hundo less than msrp due to a miscommunication between the owner and his staff, as for the one they wanted to sell me the other day he wanted full msrp this time around.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I called that place in November they didn't know anything about it, then told me they would need to wait for catalog to order, week later they put me on the list, first I believe, they took my number never called. So I called two weeks after that they told me they were both sold to others. So I can guarantee I wouldn't buy one from them. LOL
Also the tax rate up here is almost 10% buying online from small shop out of state and transferring is an easy 200.00 more to work with even after shipping and transfer fee. So I need them to get enough in county so the price normalizes below msrp. :)

I actually had a long convo when they first came out with an employee who was clueless and then made sure to talk to the owner the next day and he also had no clue about the release. I dunno who you talked to there but I made sure I had them locked up and made sure he got on the horn to get his allotment.

Also I am seeing more and more places collect sales tax so the internet no longer is the tax free zone it once was.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I managed to score one on GB for MSRP with 2 extra magazines. Was listed for a higher price but I shot a message with an offer and he took it.

Reactions: Vg247

·
Registered
727 Posts
I managed to score one on GB for MSRP with 2 extra magazines. Was listed for a higher price but I shot a message with an offer and he took it.
Not to point fingers but I thought that was against GB rules?
Most auctions say the item is for sale in a store or other location and seller reserves the right to end auction at any time if sold elsewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it’s only against rules if you do that to an auction that has a winning/won bid. They make it a pain in the ass to message sellers on auctions that ended without bids, but with some persistence I scored my Polytech M14 that way.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
It did not have an active bidder and had a buy it now option. No issue doing it that way. I negotiated the price and he changed it online and I just clicked the buy it now button real fast.

Reactions: Chargerdude70

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,191 Posts
It did not have an active bidder and had a buy it now option. No issue doing it that way. I negotiated the price and he changed it online and I just clicked the buy it now button real fast.
Wish I knew that. Just missed out on an object last night that really upset me. They don’t come up very often and I was holding till the end. It had already expired once so figured no one else was interested in it. My own stupidity.

1821 - 1840 of 1885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.