HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,881 - 1,885 of 1,885 Posts
Side note: The call came in and the two that I pre paid for are in!!! Almost want to make the three hour round trip to go grab them today even though I just did the drive yesterday. I paid $2188 per gun before taxes and BGC.
Great price! I'm guessing people who are getting prices in this range have a good relationship with a dealer because I can't see any shop selling these to just anyone for a $100 profit.

Great price! I'm guessing people who are getting prices in this range have a good relationship with a dealer because I can't see any shop selling these to just anyone for a $100 profit.
Some go for volume rather one sale profit. But if it were my shop in today’s economy I would be marking the weapon up a min of 10%. If you can’t make at least that much why be in business? One can do better playing the stock market.

On the other hand when times are bad, you sell for min you can just for the cash flow to stay a float. We had a family owned gun shop for 30 years before my father passed. I remember the good times as well as the bad. During the bad, he was selling weapons 5 or 10 bucks above cost just to get bodied in the door. When times were good, 10% below retail was about the norm.

I understand when times are slow, retailers sell low just to get business, etc., but people are paying above MSRP for SP5's, so unless you really want to help out a friend, I suspect it hardly pays to sell it for $2100-$2200. Especially when these are on allocation and shops are getting 1, 2, or 3 at a time.

Discussion starter · #1,884 ·
Side note: The call came in and the two that I pre paid for are in!!! Almost want to make the three hour round trip to go grab them today even though I just did the drive yesterday. I paid $2188 per gun before taxes and BGC.
I am going to call you out on this price , the proof is in the pudding , put a picture of your receipt ??

I understand when times are slow, retailers sell low just to get business, etc., but people are paying above MSRP for SP5's, so unless you really want to help out a friend, I suspect it hardly pays to sell it for $2100-$2200. Especially when these are on allocation and shops are getting 1, 2, or 3 at a time.

My FFL transfer man does his business to pay for his addiction, not to get rich. He sells any weapon 20.00 above his in the door cost. I doubt it will happen, because he is small potatoes, but told him I'm in for 2 if he gets the chance. Any time you can get a high profile HK at cost, that's money in the bank.... : )

1,881 - 1,885 of 1,885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.