HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So title was a little vague one could say, but in short I'm contemplating building up a shooter on a Brethren Arms receiver.

The adventure to build up a MP5 started with a LSC flat and a 3D printed mandrel. How did that go? Absolutely stellar in my opinion! Flat rolled, seams welded, and now to add all the other bits. However I wanted something to measure and do references off of. The PCS build I have served as a good example, but then I found myself needing to fire a gun I had torn apart!

The Brethren Arms receiver was a complete fly by purchase. I was speaking with a guy about a Glock APC lower when he said "oh, I have a LSC receiver I never built up." Well needless to say I now have a blank receiver to compare to my self roll and tinker with!

My questions really to the forum are this:
  • Is this Brethren Arms receiver worth building into a shooter?
  • Do you see any issues from the photos on this post?
  • Absence of the shell deflector holes and hole for the paddle release adds a little "fun"/"well now what"... Was this typical for LSC flats back when? Just drill the holes and roll with it?
Really I planned to use this thing solely as a reference point and may just roll another LSC flat letting someone else take home the Brethren receiver. However at the same time I have spare parts and maybe their receiver is better than the flats I'm doing myself?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The brethren receiver is a LSC flat. You can still my the spider on the top.
Absolutely is! :) I know LSC flats are top notch and same flat I rolled myself, however was unsure on the quality of their work: roll, welds, etc. I know from the little reading and word of mouth that the Brethren name didn't fair too well near the end of life. I'm assuming the absence of the previously mentioned holes means this is an earlier LSC flat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts