HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The force of a piston gun can cause the hammer to beat the disconnect all to hell. The bridge is merely a protective cover for the disconnect. It comes standard on the MR556 and MR762.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Not to contradict Chop above, but i'm guessing it has more to do with the oddball 2-piece trigger assembly
They don't seem to be present on the 416 lowers.
It is in fact for the reason that I have stated, at least that is what you are taught in the HK416 armorer's class. However you are correct in that it is not present in the HK416. They only mention it in armorer's class because it also comes with the 2-stage trigger upgrade kit for the HK416, which you are required to install as part of the curriculum.

·
Banned
879 Posts
I believe that AGR416 mentioned this piece being added into the Norwegian 416's during a recent system upgrade (including a new AGR) for the exact reasons that Chopstix mentioned. The hammer was breaking the discos and they came up with this piece as a shield.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I believe that AGR416 mentioned this piece being added into the Norwegian 416's during a recent system upgrade (including a new AGR) for the exact reasons that Chopstix mentioned. The hammer was breaking the discos and they came up with this piece as a shield.
This would be in line with the report I got from a friend in Norway that the 416 was having trigger mech issues after a few thousand rounds
and that the Deimaco's (in SF use) at over double the round count where not.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Interesting. Have there been reported issues outside of Norway on other variants?
Not that i've seen.

If I remember correctly AGR, mentioned that this was directly related to ammunition issues (some new bull**** "green" ammo they were forced to use) and that when they were using standard Nato ammo, the issue (a minor one at that even) went away.

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
The force of a piston gun can cause the hammer to beat the disconnect all to hell. The bridge is merely a protective cover for the disconnect. It comes standard on the MR556 and MR762.
Chop,

Any idea if the bridge is compatable with other trigger groups or only the HK two stage unit? For example, would the bridge work with the SSA triggers Geissele makes specifically for the 416 and 417?

Tspeis

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Chop,

Any idea if the bridge is compatable with other trigger groups or only the HK two stage unit? For example, would the bridge work with the SSA triggers Geissele makes specifically for the 416 and 417?

Tspeis
Good question, I do not know. My gut tells me no as the "bridged" FCG's have a different trigger/spring mechanism. I have not tried to install one with a standard mil-spec FCG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts